cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: When does the $5 off for Canadawide plans end?

@G6 

This where using fongo for calling voicemail or when call quality isn't a concern helps save minutes. Can I assume you used google hangouts to call a lot this month? If you are only running out of minutes now with two days left in your cycle....paying an extra $10 for "unlimited calls" may be excessive. 2×$5/500 min add ons + 100 plan minutes is over 18 hours of outgoing talk time.....that is if you don't really need to use the extra data that comes with the $25 plan.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

This where using fongo for calling voicemail or when call quality isn't a concern helps save minutes.

This is where setting up YouMail.com helps save minutes since you don't have to call in to listen to voicemail in the first place - it just comes to your email or MMS inbox!

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious wrote:

@G6 

This where using fongo for calling voicemail or when call quality isn't a concern helps save minutes. Can I assume you used google hangouts to call a lot this month? If you are only running out of minutes now with two days left in your cycle....paying an extra $10 for "unlimited calls" may be excessive. 2×$5/500 min add ons + 100 plan minutes is over 18 hours of outgoing talk time.....that is if you don't really need to use the extra data that comes with the $25 plan.

I used Google Hangouts a great deal, it was eliminated on the 1st and i have been rationing minutes as much as possible but its not sustainable.

I actually would like 1GB of data but have managed without it by being extremely careful. In the end its all about cost. Unlimited calling with more data is more convenient, one phone app, no having to reenable caller ID once a month like Hangouts requires and so forth but an extra $10/month hits the budget very hard. I'm still on a 3 or 4 generations old very laggy cell phone because i can't afford an upgrade.

I would definitely need the extra 500 minutes a month and would seriously eat into the 1000. Can the system be set to auto add $5 every time it runs out or will it just stop working till i log into the website and add it myself?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

You would have to add the add on as needed. One member likes to keep 2×$5/500min on the account and just adds another one once he notices he uses one up so he never worries about running out of minutes. If you are going to try this out for your next cycle ( and rescheduling your plan change after renewal) you would be monitoring your usage so adding another add on while you are already in your account only takes a couple of minutes and they stay on your account until you completely use them.

I think its worth testing it out if saving $$ is important. Sure it takes a little extra work but its all the little amounts that really add up ( ask anyone I know how to save money!) and in no time you'll have enough for a new cell phone too ( there are some great ones $100-$200 that would suit your needs just fine) Just your time spent in the community will likely earn you a $1 or $2 community reward.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

If you spend a lot of time calling out of province but within Canada, you may want to consider Fongo home phone for $5/mo. I personally prefer talking on a real landline phone and not on my cel for long calls. Fongo home phone lets you use a good ol POTS phone with an internet adapter for unlimited Canada-wide calling (except territories I think) and sounds every bit as good as a conventional land line.

Quigley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nezgar   I agree with you totally. I've had both Fongo mobile and Fongo home phone for a long time now and their both flawless.

Need Help? Let's chat.