cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spudster
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: When does the $5 off for Canadawide plans end?

@G6 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@G6 

I like the point made by @darlicious  with respect to purchasing the added minutes that's your primary reason for upgrading.

Something else you may do:  You can schedule a plan change to the $25 plan to occur on your next renewal, and in the interim if you determine you no longer need the $25 plan, just simply go into your plan change tab and remove the scheduled plan change.

I think i will schedule it, i assume that when i click on new plan in my profile it will give the option to pick the effective date?

@G6 

Yes, just schedule it for "Next Renewal Date"  NOT an immediate change.

However, given you're so close to your next renewal date (3 days i think you noted), you wouldn't lose out much by just doing an immediate plan change, so you're choice.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Spudster Immediate change could cause a reward issue on top of forfeited plans days and moderator would need to make an adjustment.  

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm going to guess there is no WiFi calling for PM that doesn't use minutes?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@G6

Unless I'm missing the intent of the question, Wi-Fi calling does not use plan minutes.

EDIT:

The above information may be inaccurate - I don't believe Public Mobile has this availability.

See scripting provided by TELUS about this option which they provide for their plan holders:

"Calls and messages are billed the same as over cellular, and there is no additional cost to enable Wi-Fi Calling. All incoming calls and messages received over Wi-Fi Calling while in Canada, and all outgoing calls and messages sent over Wi-Fi Calling while in Canada to a Canadian number, will be deducted from your monthly voice allowance and any overage will be rated according to your wireless plan. All outgoing calls and messages sent over Wi-Fi Calling while in Canada to a non-Canadian number will be charged according to your monthly allowance including applicable overage pay-per-use rate, and long distance service will be charged according to your wireless plan. Wi-Fi Calling will not use up data from your wireless plan."

G6

@HALIMACS wrote:

@G6 

Unless I'm missing the intent of the question, Wi-Fi calling does not use plan minutes.

Some providers you can enable it somewhere in the settings but i don't know if PM has it enabled.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

See my edit to my post from above - I believe you're correct in that PM does not offer Wi-Fi calling.

@darlicious wrote:

@G6 

Yes. Your plan will show expired at 9pm et. It will show suspended at 12am et and you will see your plan data counter and minute  counter reset. Between midnight and 2 am your rewards will be applied and at 2 am et your payment will be taken from your balance or autopay will kick in but autopay can be delayed sometimes up to 6 hours or not at all like the system failure on Friday. 

Even with enough balance already in the account, I would say that the plan payment usually doesn't get taken at 2am ET.  I can't remember how long it's been since it has occurred for me anywhere near that time. The times that it happens are all over the place.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@G6 wrote:

I'm going to guess there is no WiFi calling for PM that doesn't use minutes?

Public Mobile currently does not offer Wi-Fi calling, or Voice over LTE ("VoLTE")

Even then, Wi-Fi calling only helps if you are in a poor coverage area for cellular service - it does nothing if you are on a limited minutes plan since calls would usually still be limited to the same pool of minutes/plan limitations.

G6

So i did the upgrade and set it for the 9th. I liked the low cost of the $15 but such is life.

Anyways i got a text message saying 10 minutes left this month, when they expire will it automatically start eating pout of my 500 minutes from the: 

"$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US "?

For local calls?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@G6 wrote:

So i did the upgrade and set it for the 9th. I liked the low cost of the $15 but such is life.

Anyways i got a text message saying 10 minutes left this month, when they expire will it automatically start eating pout of my 500 minutes from the: 

"$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US "?

For local calls?

Yes, it will, @G6 

Need Help? Let's chat.