cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the $5 off for Canadawide plans end?

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am looking at upgrading becasue Google took away Hangouts calling so my 100 minutes a month on the $15 plan is insufficient. I have been unable to use Google Voice (not available in your country) so i'm considering upgrading to the $25 plan if they don't come up with a workaround soon but i do want Canada wide calling.

So i am curious if the discount is ending soon so if i do go for it when do i have to do it by to keep Canada wide calling?

35 REPLIES 35

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@G6 

I like the point made by @darlicious  with respect to purchasing the added minutes that's your primary reason for upgrading.

Something else you may do:  You can schedule a plan change to the $25 plan to occur on your next renewal, and in the interim if you determine you no longer need the $25 plan, just simply go into your plan change tab and remove the scheduled plan change.

Hi @esjliv 

What do you mean when you say you "are surprised there are still Canada wide available"?

At the end of this limited-time offer, there will still be Canada wide plans, they'll just be $5 more then the current limited time offer pricing.

Perhaps, as most are probably thinking, you're pleasantly surprised they're still offering the limited-time offer.  😃

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@G6 wrote:

I am looking at upgrading becasue Google took away Hangouts calling so my 100 minutes a month on the $15 plan is insufficient. I have been unable to use Google Voice (not available in your country) so i'm considering upgrading to the $25 plan if they don't come up with a workaround soon but i do want Canada wide calling.

So i am curious if the discount is ending soon so if i do go for it when do i have to do it by to keep Canada wide calling?

@G6 , it will be available for as long it is posted in your "Change Plan" area on your Self Serve.

The Feb. 16/21 announcement has listed this "Current promotion" as a "limited time" offer, with no change over date. I am surprised there are still Canada-Wide available, and was somewhat hoping Public Mobile would renege this decision.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Province-Wide-Calling-Plans-Limited...

@G6 

Do you need the extra data? The $5/500min canada wide calling add on has over 8 hours of talk time. Will you need more than that? That would make your plan $20 ($15+$5) and if you don't use all 500 minutes it will just keep rolling over every month.....keeping your plan at $15 until you completely consume all 500 minutes. So if you only use an extra 100 minutes a month it will average out to $16 per month. If your $15 plan is already the canada wide one if you change it to the $25 plan you won't get it back....currently you are grandfathered into that plan. They may never raise the price.....but I don't think the $15 canada wide plan is going to come back....keep it if you can.

Just download the fongo app and you can even call using mobile data when you're not on wifi. 1 calling minute uses 0.5mb of data. (250mb=500 min)

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, there's no way of knowing that. You'd better switch sooner than later because it's for a limited time only and may end any time soon. There's been no announcement yet on when it'll end! 

@G6 

Need Help? Let's chat.