cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do I get my bonus data??

shine2k
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new PM customer and I just got my phone set up on the $15 plan with the $2 autopay discount. I noticed that the discount won't be applied until the second month (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this true for my 250mb bonus data as well? Or can I use data in my first month? As of now the data is not working on my phone. 

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@r1Gel wrote:

Edit:

My bad. I misread the promo. I thought the plan had a base data allocation of 250MB and setting up auto pay would give an additional 250MB. I think I got confused with the $25 plan that has 500MB, plus an additional 500MB with auto pay.

I get it now.

Thanks.

Easy mistake, although I like the idea of that kind of deal! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r1Gel wrote:

The promo said I will get an extra 250MB of data when I set up auto pay, which is what I did. So I should have 500MB of data, not just the standard 250MB which is already part of the plan.

No it's not. It's its own promo plan of a "bonus" 250mb. If you chose not to have autopay then you could have 100 minutes and unlimited texting. The 250mb is from zero. Not 250 and bonus 250. This is a new plan.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@r1Gel wrote:

The promo said I will get an extra 250MB of data when I set up auto pay, which is what I did. So I should have 500MB of data, not just the standard 250MB which is already part of the plan.

Not the case. 

Plan never mentioned about extra. 

• 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • + BONUS 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

r1Gel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Edit:

My bad. I misread the promo. I thought the plan had a base data allocation of 250MB and setting up auto pay would give an additional 250MB. I think I got confused with the $25 plan that has 500MB, plus an additional 500MB with auto pay.

I get it now.

Thanks.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@r1Gel  nothing wrong, you get 250 data only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r1Gel wrote:

I have this same question. I signed up for the $15 plan, 100 minutes calls, unlimited text, 250MB data. The ad said I'll get an extra 250MB of data when I set up auto pay, so I did. When I checked my account, I only have 250MB available data.

It's "extra" from zero.

r1Gel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this same question. I signed up for the $15 plan, 100 minutes calls, unlimited text, 250MB data. The ad said I'll get an extra 250MB of data when I set up auto pay, so I did. When I checked my account, I only have 250MB available data.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shine2k as the others have noted, you should have gotten the bonus data right away.  It's quite possible your phone requires some additional configuration.  What brand and model are you using?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shine2k wrote:

I'm a new PM customer and I just got my phone set up on the $15 plan with the $2 autopay discount. I noticed that the discount won't be applied until the second month (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this true for my 250mb bonus data as well? Or can I use data in my first month? As of now the data is not working on my phone. 

Thank you

Yes that is correct for the autopay. As for the data you get 250mb every 30 days and you should be able to use them starting from day 1. Make sure data is turned on your phone and make sure you have the correct APN settings on your phone:

APN
f you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shine2k wrote:

Thank you

Technically, if you subscribe the plan with auto pay, 250MB should have been added automatically.

Maybe check your current plan details.

If no, message the moderators ASAP.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@shine2k wrote:

Thank you

When you login to self serve account, do you see any data listed under My Data & Add-Ons section?

Need Help? Let's chat.