Did you mean: 

When are we getting LTE Deals

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

prettyyyy pretty pretty pretty please im speaking for everyone    above 3gb

8 REPLIES 8

@Thecrimson1919 wrote:

Telus is very close to launching their 5G service 

I wouldn't hold my breath. Especially not mobile 5G service. It's still far away.

Although I am fine with my LTE lite / throttled 3G I agree and support all promotions that include savings and deals for the customers.

If I had to choose between LTE deals, and 90 day deals I would pick the latter.

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

turning up the lte speed to 30 mbps 

Thecrimson1919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

As soon as Chatr and Lucky Mobile start offering full speed LTE plans...  Sad to say but this service is not in the leadership role that it once was a couple of years ago.  Nothing lasts forever though.  Maybe the next phase of the Public Mobile experiment will bring back LTE promotions.  @NDesai , here is your chance to sign up some new members into the "bring back LTE promotions" club.

Right! But why don't I just wait for 5G? Then the 3G pricing will apply to 4G hopefully. 

This is what I was expecting to happen. Telus is very close to launching their 5G service which was their excuse for increasing my 10GB $60 plan. Once it's going they will talk down 4G. We will get 4G and Telus will be all oh 4G is so slow don't go there. Personally I don't care if or when it comes. I'd never need more than 3G unless file sizes increase drastically and make it noticeable. 

@will13am wrote:

As soon as Chatr and Lucky Mobile start offering full speed LTE plans...  Sad to say but this service is not in the leadership role that it once was a couple of years ago.  Nothing lasts forever though.  Maybe the next phase of the Public Mobile experiment will bring back LTE promotions.  @NDesai , here is your chance to sign up some new members into the "bring back LTE promotions" club.

Right! But why don't I just wait for 5G? Then the 3G pricing will apply to 4G hopefully. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker  I think you misread the question.  @cork99 is looking for promo plans that include full LTE data options.  In the past couple of years, all promo plans have included only the throttled "3G speed" LTE data options.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@cork99, when your phone says or displays LTE (or similar), you're using the 4G LTE network.

If your phone displays 3G, you've fallen back to the 3G platform, as you're not accessing the LTE at that time.

If you force your phone to connect on only the 3G network, you're always on 3G.

All calls, at Public Mobile, are on the 3G network only.

All data plans are LTE, and will use LTE unless a connection is not available, or restricted to only a 3G connection.

Need Help? Let's chat.