cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to make calls my phone says that I need a long distance add on

cristalrozay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched my phone number, why I try to make calls my phone says that I do not have a long distance add on, but I am calling a local number. I have the povincal-wide calling plan and I am calling within the province so I dont understand why I am getting this message. I Also cant make or recieve calls to my number, when I call from another phone it goes to voicemail

16 REPLIES 16

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@Rascal @NINGENZA FYI: You posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of quick help by creating your own topic on the forum, or, if appropriate, sending a private message directly to the moderators. 

Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

I learned something else today. Thanks @NINGENZA!

@Rascal @NINGENZA FYI: You posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of quick help by creating your own topic on the forum, or, if appropriate, sending a private message directly to the moderators. 

Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Welcome @Rascal...patience now....Smiley Happy

Rascal

Many thanks to @Lieux and @Carld123 for helping me out. I appreciate those of you who always reach out when I need help. I now understand the difference between the various add-ons and thanks to @Lieux, I have sent a private message to the moderator team. You guys are awesome!

Rascal

I'm not sure how to attach moderator team to this thread. Can someone tell me how to do that?

Anyway, apparantly we purchased the wrong add-on. Since I have unlimited talk anyway, buying an additional 200 minutes is useless to me. I should have purchased the US roaming talk.

Is there any way to cancel the add-on that I can't possibly use and replace it with the correct one that will be beneficial to me while I am in the United States? If there is a moderator reading this, please reply.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rascal wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

@Rascal

Where are you traveling?..

United States. So I just tried calling home, but again, I was told that my plan does not include an add-on. Could I get a moderator to reply please? If I can't call anyone, I would like a refund for my add-on.

@Rascal

Sounds like you also did not purchase the correct add on...must be a roaming add on

Carld123

@NINGENZA wrote:

That happened to me too

I traveled to Spokane and i bought 400 international call

But they disappointed on me 

So seriously we need someone to from public mobile system to fix this 

@NINGENZA

You purchased the wrong addon....a us roaming addon is needed while in the US

Rascal

@Carld123 wrote:

@Rascal

United States. So I just tried calling home, but again, I was told that my plan does not include an add-on. Could I get a moderator to reply please? If I can't call anyone, I would like a refund for my add-on.

Carld123

@Rascal

NINGENZA

That happened to me too

I traveled to Spokane and i bought 400 international call

But they disappointed on me 

So seriously we need someone to from public mobile system to fix this 

Tied 

Rascal

@NINGENZA wrote:

No one has ever try to fix this problem we need someone to do so other than that we will moving forward with another plan 

We, too, are now travelling and purchased a 200-minute add-on for Canada and US talk, but when I tried to call my voice mail to pick up a message, a recording said that my phone is not able to make calls and that I should purchase an add-on. How do I make calls?

NINGENZA

No one has ever try to fix this problem we need someone to do so other than that we will moving forward with another plan 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aka0kop wrote:

Where you able to get this fixed?

This thread you found is almost 2 years old. The OP has likely long-since figured things out.

Are you having some kind of issue?

aka0kop

Where you able to get this fixed?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cristalrozay, where abouts are you located?  Are you close to the border of another Province and possibly connecting to a tower in the other Province?  I will tag a Mod @Mary_M  if you click on her name and then on the right side of the screen there will be a button to send a private message.  Click on that and send her your phone number, Sim card number and the area code of the numbers you were getting the long distance message.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.