cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: When I check my data usage, it does not show where I used my data. Is there a place to find thi

@gpixel4 wrote:

@darlicious yeah it could be. is there a setting that allows for only uploading with a wifi connection?

is autosync enabled?

it should be under your google accounts menu

@gpixel4 @darlicious You can turn off auto sync, but also under another option is {phone settings--apps & notifications--app info--photos--data usage} turn off Background data (tied to mobile data).

Screenshot (Jan 13, 2021 09_39_26).png

Mayor / Maire

Re: When I check my data usage, it does not show where I used my data. Is there a place to find thi

@kb_mv if backup and sync is disabled in google photos it doesn't use background data

follow @kb_mv instructions for the PC optimum app

*that won't do anything though .. photos will still want to upload while the phone is in use

Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

@kb_mv if backup and sync is disabled in google photos it doesn't use background data

follow @kb_mv instructions for the PC optimum app

@gpixel4 I didn't really phrase that correctly. I meant to imply that another option was to turn off background data. Post edited. Thanks.

Edit: I also use the same procedure for almost all my apps.

Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv @gpixel4 

All background data has always been disabled. Autosync/back up is enabled but only to use wifi. I went thru all the settings i could find and there wasn't anything i could find useing mobile data. I emptied by photos trash bin and cleared the cache on all of my apps across all three devices (tablet, A3 and moto phone.)

The only things that have changed are getting the new phone, at least 2 updates to google photos and the pc optimum plays a lot more video within the app. The A3 is having the same issue just not quite as much usage. I've never recieved these high mobile data usage warnings before.....but Im happy that I've always had a low data warning/limit set or these apps would have blown thru some considerable add on data otherwise.

Screenshot_20210106-152601_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210105-034951_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210106-152624_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-071221_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210113-071139_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210113-071314_Settings.jpg

Mayor / Maire

maybe there's a data leak with that app. I know snapchat has one, I just disabled background data and it stopped using data.

can you go to your settings/accounts and see if automatically sync data is enabled. disable it and test to see if you still have any leaks

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel4 wrote:

@darlicious your google photos is uploading to the cloud... I can also see you like to leave your data enabled while on wifi. and there's also a missed call from me...

@gpixel4 she also shops a lot at Loblaws stores (Shoppers Drug Mart, Canadian Superstore, etc.) 😁

@darlicious the setting you're looking for in in Google Photos.  Tap on your profile pic in the upper right corner of the app, then Photos Settings, Back up & sync, then Cell data usage, and turn off the first switch (Back up photos over data).  If you do that, it will only back up over Wi-Fi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren @gpixel4 

I would use"shop" loosely I'm usually paid in points to help them unstock their shelves and restock my shelves. It is wednesday so it will be test day when I go to "work " at my "job". lol....

As you can see my photo settings remain as they have for as long as I can remember.....I have had some issues with the pc optimum app so it has been uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. Can I uninstall the google photos app? It's a stock app is it not? Maybe uninstall the recent update(s)?

Screenshot_20210113-124118_Photos~2.jpgScreenshot_20210113-124128_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210113-130811_Photos~2.jpgScreenshot_20210113-124305.pngScreenshot_20210113-124251~2.png

Screenshot_20210113-052609.pngScreenshot_20210113-052545.pngScreenshot_20210113-052538.png

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious I use an app called Stocard to manage all my "cards", including my PC Optimum account. You can't see any points or account info but it is easy to use to scan at the store. If you need to see the account you can do it on a desktop, though I have never had the need. Like I said I use it for all my accounts, some 15 or so (airmiles, airlines etc)

Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

Each week before I leave the house to shop I take pics of the flyers, items etc....along with pics of the cards ( I have more than one account...shh!)to scan and anything else I may need all on my tablet which does not have mobile data. If I have an issue scanning from the tablet or a cranky clerk who demands to see a "live" flyer rather than a photo then I will use my phone(s).

Mayor / Maire

@darlicious The Stocard app downloads the current flyers for each card on the app.

Need Help? Let's chat.