cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I called a local number, it replies my plan did not cover the long distance call.

Lisazheng1022
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It started from yesterday, and I'm sure I have enough minutes left in my account. While when I called a local number, it replies automatically, says my plan did not cover the long distance call. Now I can not call out any longer, what shall I do?

16 REPLIES 16

I count 41 minutes of outgoing calls in 4-5 day period on the one screenshot and there are likely more pages of calls. All calls are rounded up to the next complete minute. IF you are on the $15 plan with only 100 outgoing minutes, almost for certain you have used then all up. The $5/500 minute “add-on” is the quick and easy fix and unused minutes roll over for use again in the future.

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman 

There are way too many phone numbers on display in this thread. Can you at least delete the screen shots from obvious public view? Please and thank you.

@Lisazheng1022 

Your sim card may need reprovisioning. Suggest this to the moderators when they make contact. Response time is under one hour today so keep an eye on your private message box.

@Lisazheng1022    You have couple of screenshot posts of calling history of phone numbers. 

If any of these numbers are personal numbers, it would be a good idea to delete all your screenshots immediately.  You will also need to delete them from your profile afterwards too.  Of course, if these logs only contain business numbers, then ignore this post.

@Lisazheng1022  was it just 1 number or all local calls are failing with or without 1 in front of it?

I assume you rebooted the phone already and same?

If so, i think time to  open a ticket with mod

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lisazheng1022

Thanks for your kind advice. I tried but failed. 

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

HI @Lisazheng1022  did you try to manually dial the number by adding 1 in front of the 10 digits?

If that didn't work.. and you have enough minutes left, you need to contact Mod to check on the account.  It happens to some members here before.

Lisazheng1022

Sorry we can not complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add-on and this call don't covered by your plan. Get add-on by dial 611

1. Nothing is changed - the number of my husband, my office number; we stay and work in the same place, we did not move. 

2. I checked my usage history and there's enough minutes left to complete the phone call.

Lisazheng1022

Thank you for your advice, I believe NO SOLUTION and prepare for the risk.

I use this phone number to call my husband and order food from the restaurants near us only. I do have my business number. I have to use my business number to call my family members etc. till this problem solved.

Lisazheng1022

It seems the call minutes have been used up, but I checked my last 30 days usage, I used about 20-30%

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 10.50.07 AM.png

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lisazheng1022 wrote:

It started from yesterday, and I'm sure I have enough minutes left in my account. While when I called a local number, it replies automatically, says my plan did not cover the long distance call. Now I can not call out any longer, what shall I do?

There is NO SOLUTION - this happens to me and other family members regularly. I have tried every suggestion to no avail. What I have to do is power down my phone and try again but unfortunately sometimes this also doesn't work. In addition to being annoying this could also pose risks. Many months ago my daughter's car would not start and PM plan would not complete out-going calls so she had to ask a stranger to use his phone. All fortunately work out but it was a risk.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's just legacy old time phone stuff still haunting us. With Canada-wide everywhere, there's no such thing as long distance. So the message erroneously plants that thought. Of course more meaningful messages are always helpful for all situations but here we are.

We're sorry, your call could not be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again.

We're sorry, your call could not be completed without a valid calling plan or add-on.

We're sorry, your call could not be completed due to all circuits being busy. Please try again later.

Another variation of what a “local call” is comes up sometimes as well. A fair number of people have cell numbers that moved with them so that they are not “local” to the new area they live in. Thus a local call (within the area very close to where you now live) is no longer really a local call. Just another possibility that can confuse things further. 

AE_Collector

@Lisazheng1022 wrote:

What's the exaxt wording of the message that you're hearing?  It it that long distance charges may apply or is it some message that this type of call isn't included with your plan? The first type of message can be ignored and the will complete after a few seconds.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lisazheng1022 

Post this sections for us, please?

HALIMACS_0-1620857170041.png

If there is no line item showing minutes, and you are on the $15 plan, you are out of minutes.

As a rule of thumb, it's also a good idea to put "1" in front of the 10-digit number you are calling- you may want to update all your contacts in this format. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lisazheng1022 wrote:

@Lisazheng1022 

Does adding a 1 in front help? OR will the call complete if you ignore the message?

Are you on a Provincial calling plan? And if so, are you out of minutes...check your Overview page to confirm.

If you are on Canada Wide calling and have minutes left on your plan(could just be a glitch) , shut your phone off for a few minutes, then restart it.

A reset of your network settings would not hurt either.

Can you now complete calls?

Try your SIM in another phone to see if the issue is the same.

If problems still persist have the Moderators to check your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.