cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Can I Change Phone Plans after Receiving Black Friday 5GB?

JTSICK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Public Mobile Community,

I received the 5gb Black Friday promotion after signing up (on November 30th I believe), but would now like to change my phone plan (I remember one of the requirements for getting the promotion was that you couldn't change your plan the next month?...). 

When and how can I change my phone plan to a cheaper (under the $35 threshold) plan?

Thanks,

JT

7 REPLIES 7

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JTSICK wrote:

That makes sense. I was wondering how they would penalise me if I change before then...although isn't there the possibility that they will make me pay for the 5GB as an add on if I downgrade plans before it is okay?

@JTSICK  They would not make you pay for it, they would only remove it. PM is a pre-paid service only, there is no pay after for anything here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JTSICK wrote:

That makes sense. I was wondering how they would penalise me if I change before then...although isn't there the possibility that they will make me pay for the 5GB as an add on if I downgrade plans before it is okay?

PM is a prepaid provider.  PM will remove the 5GB add-on instead of asking you to pay.

@JTSICK wrote:

@JTSICK  My understanding is that if you downgrade your plan PM will remove the 5GB data add-on (or whatever is left of it),  from your account. They will definitely not charge you extra for it.

JTSICK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JTSICK wrote:

I received the 5gb Black Friday promotion after signing up (on November 30th I believe), but would now like to change my phone plan (I remember one of the requirements for getting the promotion was that you couldn't change your plan the next month?...). 

When and how can I change my phone plan to a cheaper (under the $35 threshold) plan?

Thanks,

JT

@JTSICK  "5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $35/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed."

You need to wait till the 5GB is used, or you will lose it.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@JTSICK wrote:

Thanks,

JT

It seems that if you will downgrade your plan, these 5gb will be lost. Use this 5gb data and then downgrade.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JTSICK , my understanding is that downgrading the plan will cause the data to be lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.