cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Account in 90 day hold, can I still use Bonus data and minutes

Musiclover181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a lot of leftover bonus data and minutes from the different promos that I have not used up and I was wondering if I stopped my plan, i.e. turned off autopay and left it for 60ish days, will I still be able to use the bonus data and minutes that I've accumulated when I have no plan? Essentially, with no active plan, can I use the bonuses. Due to covid I haven't had to use my extra data and want to finish that before I pay for a full plan again. 

2nd question is if I'm in the 90 day hold (number and sim has not expired) and end up switching to new provider, the number is transferrable right? I don't have to reactivate Public Mobile for another month before I can route my number over?

7 REPLIES 7

As @Anonymous  said...

But... I think your plan IS active now so go to change plan and once you have chosen the new plan ($15) choose the “Change at Next Renewal”, NOT the “Change Immediately” option. Then on your renewal date you will automatically be switched to the new ($15) plan. Then you will start to use some of your data add-ons when the plans included data is used up each 30 days. Remember you only have 100 outgoing minutes every 30 days on that plan but if you have certain calling add-ons they will begin to be used when you run out of the 100 minutes of outgoing calls each 30 day period.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Musiclover181 wrote:

If I'm switching to the $15 plan, when do I do it. My next renewal is the 29th, so can I do it now and it will update for the 29th and I'll stay on a my current plan until that date or will it immediately become the $15 plan today?

When under suspension for lack of payment, the previous date is no longer relevant. Just the final deactivation date. So either changing or re-upping, the new term starts then.

When under self-suspension and before your previous expiry then you could have it changed for the next renewal date.

Musiclover181
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I'm switching to the $15 plan, when do I do it. My next renewal is the 29th, so can I do it now and it will update for the 29th and I'll stay on a my current plan until that date or will it immediately become the $15 plan today?

Anonymous
Not applicable

iirc Customers can transfer around between Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile even with inactive accounts. Not deactivated though. But maybe if the number was originally from them, maybe.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Musiclover181 wrote:

I have a lot of leftover bonus data and minutes from the different promos that I have not used up and I was wondering if I stopped my plan, i.e. turned off autopay and left it for 60ish days, will I still be able to use the bonus data and minutes that I've accumulated when I have no plan? Essentially, with no active plan, can I use the bonuses. Due to covid I haven't had to use my extra data and want to finish that before I pay for a full plan again. 

2nd question is if I'm in the 90 day hold (number and sim has not expired) and end up switching to new provider, the number is transferrable right? I don't have to reactivate Public Mobile for another month before I can route my number over?

@Musiclover181 Hi the answer is no for both questions you need an active plan 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Musiclover181- you must have an active account in order to use bonus miutes/data.  Also, you cannot transfer your number to another provider if your account is not active.  you could always re-activate on the cheapest $15 plan in order to do the transfer.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

No that wont work, you need to have an active account to use the data and/or minutes. You can downgrade to the least expensive ($15) plan if you arent already on that plan. I think you will have to reactivate your PM plan to port your number out as well.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.