cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do for roaming in the USA?

w650
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
hello,
I have an unlimited calling plan in the province, Quebec
I'm going to the USA for the holidays.
What do I have to do to be able to phone, text, and have data during my stay in the USA?
I leave for more than 10 days, straddling the end of December and beginning of January.
Last month, I had an unlimited calling plan CANADA and USA, I click on option multipasseport at $ 15 for roaming in the USA, but that's not what I chose that I had , I had the option 500Mo in data.
Here's the answer: Regarding your question about the need for a calling plan to be able to use a roaming call option, these options require a monthly voice feature on your plan. That is, if you want to add an option that includes calls (long distance or roaming), your monthly plan must have this option.
Can someone explain to me and especially what to take as a package and then the option for roaming in the US?
Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@w650 wrote:

what did I write in my initial description of the problem ?? reread:

Last month, I had an unlimited calling plan CANADA and USA

@w650 sorry I'm not trying to be mean but I still don't follow.  Unlimited Canada-wide and to the USA talk is only usable while you're in Canada, and has nothing to do with roaming.  

Let me circle back to this question you asked: "What do I have to do to be able to phone, text, and have data during my stay in the USA?"

Depending how much data you need, you can do one of two things:

1) Purchase the $20 10 day US Roaming Talk+Text+250MB data bundle

2) Purchase the $15 10 day US Roaming Talk+Text bundle and then separately purchase 500MB or 1GB of US Roaming Data if you need more than 250.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

w650

what did I write in my initial description of the problem ?? reread:

Last month, I had an unlimited calling plan CANADA and USA

why you explain to me at length what I already know, I'm not stupid, I want to know if you too have come to the conclusion that I did not have what I wanted!

Here is the moderator's response: After verifying your account I was able to see that the 500 MB roaming package for the US had been manually added to your account on November 15th.
MANUALLY ???? WHY???

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@w650 wrote:

Good evening, sorry to say that but have you read what I write! ??? What you show me I have already chosen and that's not what I got !!

@w650 the main problem here is that your original posting above is very difficult to read and understand.  

Let me try to address some things that I think you're asking:

- you mention someone told you you have to have talk in your base plan to use the add-ons.  This is only true for the $8 200 min Long Distance and $15 400 min Long Distance add-ons.  These two add-ons are only for use while you are in Canada, so they do not apply to what you're asking about.  For the US Roaming add-ons, you do not need to have the corresponding service in your base plan.  So for example, you can purchase US Roaming 10 day unlimited talk without needing any talk in your regular plan.  The requirement you're asking about does not apply to the US Roaming add-ons.

- you mention something (sorry again a bit difficult to read) about having purchased something previously and dind't get what you thought you were getting.  I'm not really sure on the details, but if you bought on of the add-ons that had "long distance" in their name and tried to use them in the USA, they would not have worked.  Those are only for use while you're in Canada.  For use in the USA, you need one or more of the add-on(s) that have "US Roaming" in the name.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@w650

The last roaming add on you said you purchased last month..so thats gone and irrelevant now...so.. Just look thru all the roaming options..  And purchase the ones best for you...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@w650 wrote:

Good evening, sorry to say that but have you read what I write! ??? What you show me I have already chosen and that's not what I got !!

Who are you replying to?

You seem to be saying something a little different now.

w650

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just went to check in my account and all the us roaming are 10 days. If you need more you can just buy them there but you have to pay ever 10 days @lillian43

US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day) - $8.00
US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) - $15.00
US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) - $20.00
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day) - $8.00
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day) - $10.00
US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day) - $15.00
US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10-day) - $20.00

Anonymous
Not applicable

@w650

You can get talk only. Text only. Data only. You can get a talk and text bundle. You can get a  talk, text and data bundle. You can get bundles and singles. You can't buy both of the same one at the same time. They last 10 days. The day you buy counts as day 1.

Once in the states you need to turn on all the roaming options. Then you need to scan to find AT&T or T-Mobile.

Buying add-ons is a 2 step process. Put money into your account and then buy the add-on from your account funds.

The rule says you need talk in your base plan but that has been found to be not necessary.

You can receive texts without any roaming add-on but you can't send.

What suits you is up to you.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@w650

Here are your roaming addon options.Screenshot_2018-12-13-17-46-49.png

Need Help? Let's chat.