Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's best plan

Krazykody
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What plan would be best

15 REPLIES 15

@ryanrudolf 

An excellent choice......i only recommend choosing a higher priced plan when a promo like the second 30 days free comes along....to be eligible you must activate on a $25+ plan and if you know you will probably only need a cheaper plan after the first 30 days you will benefit by receiving a larger credit for you first 30 days than the cost of the cheaper plan you schedule to change on your next renewal.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i asked the same question when i joined PM. i decided to try the cheapest plan first and purchase add-ons as i see fit.

im using the 15$ plan and have the 5$ talk addon. it works OK for my needs.

@Krazykody 

To decide on which plan suits your needs you have two questions to ask yourself and/or base on your past usage .....also keep in mind the restrictions that are slowly being lifted in the wake of COVID-19 and whether or not yo are currently working, expecting to return to work shortly or in an industry that will still have significant restrictions so your return to work will be delayed even longer.

1. Calling minutes.....are you a talker? Do you use a lot of minutes each month talking on the phone? Are you the one that usually initiates the call or do most people call you? In an average month do you use less than 100 minutes? 100 to 200? 200 to 500? Over 600? If you say yes to any of the first three and you don't use much data and/or you have a lot of access to wifi hen the $15 plan w/250mb of data and possibly the $5/500 min add on.

2. Data .....how much do you need? Just a little then the $15 is probably for you. But do you need about 1gb ? With some data saving techniques or adding the 50% off 1gb data add on to dip into every once in awhile then the $25/1gb plan along with unlimited calling and texting is your choice.

Even though the $35/1.5gb plan comes with a 500mb bonus right now to make it a 2gb plan is  still not good value when for $5 you get 3.5/3gb more data....its a no brainer. The $40/5gb plan is very popular and for most people satisfies their data needs without worry of running out or having   to be conservative with your use. And well if you need more than that then the $50/8.5gb plan with US calling is the one for you.

If you registered your email to activate on the flash sale promotion of your next 30 days for free then you should consider the following info:

Heres the downgrade your plan to capitilze on the 30 day plan credit (second month free) :

1. 1st month you pay upfront $50+tax and account will be credited : $50+$4(2×$2 autopay)=$54 $54+$10 (referral credit)=$64 Schedule a plan change to the $25 plan on your next renewal 2nd month : $64 - $25=$39+$2 (a/p) =$41 3rd month $41 - $25=$16+$2 (a/p)=$18 then before your next renewal add $7 to your account balance $18+$7=$25 4th month will be $25 - $25= $0. Your fifth month will be the regular price $25 - $2 (autopay)=$23 to renew your plan.
  2. 1st month you pay upfront $40+tax and your account will be credited : $40+$4(2×$2 autopay) =$44+$10 (referral credit)=$54 Schedule a plan change to the $15 plan on your next renewal 2nd month: $54 - $15=$39+$2 (a/p) =$41 3rd month $41 - $15=$26+$2(a/p)=$28 4th month $28 - $15=$13 +$2(a/p)=$15 5th month $15 - $15=$0 month 6 add $13+$2(a/p)=$15-$15=$0
  3. 1st month you pay upfront $25+tax and account will be credited: $25+$4(2×$2 autopay)=$29 $29+$10 (referral credit)=$39 2nd month $39 - $15 =$24+$2(a/p)=$26 3rd month $26-$13 =  $13+$2(a/p)=$15 4th month $15 - $15=$0. Your 5th month will be $15 - $2(a/p)=$13 owing

Taxes are charged on your plan cost and will appear on your credit card or your voucher reciept.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Krazykody this is a very SUBJECTIVE response for anyone. 

My best plan is 25.00 1G, everywhere I go I have wifi, I only need data when I go camping in the summer. And Ill use less than 1 G a month. I need unlimited texting and calling because as a pastor I do allot of communicating. 

If you dont use data much and need to do a lot of calling the 25.00 plan is best because calling is unlimited. Thats assuming you go over 500mins. otherwise 15.00 with a 500min add on would work as well. 

What are your needs, how much data do you typically consume, how much calling do.you do? These are all factors that you need to explore. 

Cheers

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Krazykody 

i'm on the 25 plan depends how much data you use per month. They are all good plans, the question is, which one is best for me.

image.png

 The 35 has a promo right now click top under plans for more details.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Krazykody wrote:

What plan would be best

Obvious (tongue in cheek) answer is the plan that meets your needs!

Realistically, if you have an existing account, check your usage with them to see what you have been using in the past.  Take that information, factor in any change in circumstances (job, social life, budget, etc) and get the PM plan that meets those needs.

Even simpler, sign on for the $15 plan and adjust upwards as limitations become clear.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Krazykody  They are all good plans. Just scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "Our Plans" link and choose the one you that fits your needs.

fdrcamb519

@Krazykody 

Welcome to Public Mobile, I have two plans $25 month unlimited Canada wide with 1 GB data. Works well, unless you use, a lot of data. You can also get an add on of 1gb data, that never expires, if you go over,  1gb month you can use it. All the best

KatMen

Personally I think it is a great plan if you require a lot of Data and need International calling and texting. A plan like this through Rogers would be well over $100!

KatMen

Depends on what you require, do you need data? International calling? and so on. Some buy the cheapest plan and then stock up on add ons because they carry over. 

zblackma

The best plan is the one that you require now. You can always change your plan later to the one that suits you the best. Welcome.

@Krazykody it's good if you need a lot of data now and don't have WiFi. And if you call the U.S. from within Canada a lot. If you have WiFi and you are working from home. Then get a lower plan and switch your plan when you need more data. It's recommended that you chooses the change on next renewal cycle option. Here's an article on switching plans 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only you can decide if it's a good plan or not.  Everyones needs are different 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The one closest to your needs. Factoring in budget and data needs.

What plan do you have now? Do you use data? How much on average?

My best plan is the 40$ with 4.5 GB data. But with out more info from you that plan could be all wrong.

It's like asking what's the best vehicle to buy.

Krazykody

The 50 plan good or not

Need Help? Let's chat.