cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Canada wide talk versus province wide talk.

dpcalgary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I'm in Alberta and I phone BC or Ontario, does it go against my province wide limit or Canada wide limit?  It all seems to be assigned to Alberta.  

13 REPLIES 13

@Anbaia wrote:

Province wide means it is included in your plan to make calls within your province but you will be charged extra or long distance charges when making calls outside of your province

This part isn't correct.  If the calls to other province to aren't include in the plan, these outgoing calls simply won't work unless there is a long distance add-on that allows calls to anywhere in Canada. While these long distance add-ons do need to be purchased, this needs to be done before such calls are made. Public Mobile does not go back and charge long distance fees after the calls have been made.

Anbaia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Canada wide meaning it’s included in your plan to make calls outside of your province

Province wide means it is included in your plan to make calls within your province but you will be charged extra or long distance charges when making calls outside of your province

@dpcalgary 

Public Mobile reversed their 2021 decision about making all the standard in-market plans Provincial-Wide calling.

So, You don't need to worry about figuring out any Provincial or Canada-wide calling differences if you activated on one of the Provincial-Wide calling plans in 2021.

YOU can update to the Canada-wide calling for free through your Self Serve account:

Select what plan you want:

esjliv_0-1618964973847.png

Choose "Change on next renewal date" so you do not lose out on any funds you already paid on your current cycle.

esjliv_1-1618965019578.png

dpcalgary

Thank you all for your help.

Stay safe!

@dpcalgary wrote:

I'm a novice when it comes to phone plans.  Let's see if I get this right:  IF I use up by 100 min province wide, then any extra minutes will be picked up with the Canada wide 500 minutes that I just added?

Thank you evryone.

You it right @dpcalgary 

Have a nice day

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dpcalgary : Yes. But unless you're on an older provincial plan with maybe full 4G and maybe like 90 days then why bother being on a provincial plan now. If you're on the recent provincial debacle then just change to any current plan and you'll have Canada-wide and not be bothered thinking about in-province or not.

@dpcalgary 

Absolutely correct. The $5/500min add on will cover any calls (local or long distance) once you deplete your 100 outgoing minutes.

Edit: Except of course international long distance those would require a different add on.

dpcalgary

I'm a novice when it comes to phone plans.  Let's see if I get this right:  IF I use up by 100 min province wide, then any extra minutes will be picked up with the Canada wide 500 minutes that I just added?

Thank you evryone.

@dpcalgary 

Take @gpixel 's advice and schedule a plan change to the canada wide $15 plan then you won't have to worry about the difference between the two. Until your next renewal calls within Alberta will come from your 100 outgoing plan minutes. Calls to the rest of Canada will come from your $5/500 min add on. Once your renewal occurs all outgoing calls will come out of your 100 outgoing plan minutes once you use them up outgoing calls will then deduct from your add on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dpcalgary , this help article covers province wide calling.  Canada wide calling plans are very simple.  You can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada provided you are connected to the Public Mobile network.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/province-wide-talk-and-long-distance-add-ons

dpcalgary

Basic plan of 100 minute province wide and I just added Canada wide  talk for 500 min.  I'm in Alberta with the phone number starting with 587

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dpcalgary 

it goes against your canadwide mins. province wide mins will be used only when making calls in the province you're in and calls made need to also be from the same province

schedule a plan change for your next renewal. all plans are Canada wide again

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
  1. What is your base plan?
  2. What add-ons do you have?
  3. What is area code of your phone number?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.