cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the data priority usage on Add-on vs Data

scardinal3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Question,

With Autopay... i have an extra 250mb per month... how does it work if I purchase and add-on? which one goes first? the 250 or the add-on?

You see my point here, if the add-on goes first then i will be incline to NOT BUY any until i am at zero!! 😉

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

@scardinal3 

Once you have a data add on in your account you will not get a data warning message from public mobile. It's best to use the data tracker tools in your phone. I have my data warning set at 25% and my data limiter set at 50%. This ensures if an app goes haywire and starts using data without my knowledge i will be warned and the data will shut off before my data ( plan or add on) is completely used up.

Make sure you make use of your data saver as well. Turn off all your background data and WiFi assist ( iPhone). Reset your data tracker each 30 day cycle if necessary.

scardinal3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perfect!

thanks

It's not month it's 30 days just so you are aware.

Let's say this 30days starts today you have 250mb.

1 gig add-on.

You use all your 250mb

The add-on kicks on. Now you use 200 mb of your addon.

Your plan renews for next 30 days 

You get back 250mb for your 30 day plan and your add-on that rolls over every 30 days has 800 mb left waiting to be used till next time be it this 30 days or 30days next year.

Make sense?

@scardinal3 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Plan data is used first then add-on would be used.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@scardinal3 wrote:

Question,

With Autopay... i have an extra 250mb per month... how does it work if I purchase and add-on? which one goes first? the 250 or the add-on?

You see my point here, if the add-on goes first then i will be incline to NOT BUY any until i am at zero!! 😉

Thanks,

The data included in your plan is used first so here it will be the 250MB

The Add-on rolls over each month until used up.

@scardinal3 Plan data gets used first.

Need Help? Let's chat.