cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Province wide calling?

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Provincial calling means that you can make outgoing calls to any number within your home province. Plus, you will receive all incoming calls from across Canada regardless of the province where they originate.

When travelling out of your home province you can make outgoing calls to any number within that province but you will not receive any incoming calls, including those from your home province.

For example, if you lived in B.C.

Making calls

Receiving calls

Unlimited outgoing calls to any phone number in B.C.

Unlimited incoming calls from any province in Canada

And decided to travel to Quebec to visit a friend,

Making calls

Receiving calls

Unlimited outgoing calls to any phone number in Quebec. You will not be able to make outgoing calls to any other province including B.C.

Unfortunately, you will not receive any incoming calls while you are out of your home province.

To improve your calling experience while you are out of your home province, we recommend the purchase a Long Distance Add-on. A Long Distance Add-on allows you to send and receive calls across Canada regardless of which province you are in. Plus Add-ons don’t expire after 30 days; they only expire as you use them so they are there when you need them. Add-ons can be purchased at any time by logging into your Self Serve account.

4 REPLIES 4

I tell my friend who still have local only (less than provincewide), use FB Messenger, or shoot me a txt... I will call them back.  Use my funky hangouts connection :

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

However,  even if the incomign calls weren't working, this isn't something that really needs to be changed.  

@computergeek541 agreed.

@computergeek541 wrote: 

Customers have the choice to go on a provincial calling plan or a national calling plan. 

Yes, or purchase long distance add-on minutes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@horemansus wrote:

Unfortunately, you will not receive any incoming calls while you are out of your home province.

This is the one thing I would change on Pulic Mobile!

You're not supposed to be able to receive calls, but a bunch of people have reported that these calls do come through.

However,  even if the incomign calls weren't working, this isn't something that really needs to be changed.  Customers have the choice to go on a provincial calling plan or a national calling plan. 

horemansus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is the one thing I would change on Pulic Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.