cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when the 400 International minutes run out

ztra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife calls China using the 400 International minutes and she is wondering what happens when the minutes are used up.  Does the phone just disconnect or can it be setup to automatically purchase the add-on again?

8 REPLIES 8

@Acekiller wrote:

that's what i thought too!

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I suggest buying more minutes well before the remaining minutes are used up.  You don't lose anything doing that.  The remaining minutes are added to the newly purchased minutes.

What shows up in the self-serve portal, once another add-on is purchased?

Would it be combined, like:

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)385 / 800 MIN

or 2 lines, like:

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)385 / 400 MIN
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)0 / 400 MIN

I was under the impression that the system could only hold one add-on of each type, given that folks lost remaining data add-ons if they purchased the same before consuming it all... this isn't the case for talk minutes?

Anyone have the answer to this?

PM should provide the option to auto-renew add-ons. This is NOT difficult. 

I have a Telus prepaid plan too and they have the option to auto-renew any add-ons. All are time based but if the "inventory" is used up and auto-renew is selected, it auto-renews beforehand, all at the customer's discretion to turn on or off auto-renew on each add-on independently of any other settings. See sample screen capture (there are many more options):

Screen shot 2018-08-31 at 5.22.20 PM.png

FYI, you first click the add-on then you get the option to auto-renew presented. So this is available for every single add-on available, independently of each other.

So the same thing could be implemented in PM too. The only difference is that some of the add-ons for PM are not time based, so that would simply not be  there for those, e.g. L.D. and data add-ons.

@CS_Agent please pass this idea on to management for consideration. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

that's what i thought too!

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I suggest buying more minutes well before the remaining minutes are used up.  You don't lose anything doing that.  The remaining minutes are added to the newly purchased minutes.

or 2 lines, like:

I was under the impression that the system could only hold one add-on of each type, given that folks lost remaining data add-ons if they purchased the same before consuming it all... this isn't the case for talk minutes?

CalgaryBen

@will13am wrote:

or 2 lines, like:

CalgaryBen

@ztra wrote:

My wife calls China using the 400 International minutes and she is wondering what happens when the minutes are used up.  Does the phone just disconnect or can it be setup to automatically purchase the add-on again?

... also, once you're down to 10 minutes left, you should receive a text notification, indicating: "Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your long distance add-on. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options."

Additionally, once the minutes are used, there should be a subsequent notification: "Public Mobile here. You have no more minutes left on your Long Distance Add-on. Get another Add-on by dialing *611."

After the call and she's wondering what happened, the text will serve as an explanation!

its prepaid,   You can buy after the call ends. Smiley Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ztra wrote:

It will disconnect and won't auto renew as that only works for plans and not add-ons.  You should be able to repurchase and stack the add-on minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ztra, the call will end abruptly when the purchased minutes are used up.  I suggest buying more minutes well before the remaining minutes are used up.  You don't lose anything doing that.  The remaining minutes are added to the newly purchased minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.