cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to existing add ons when switching plans

Jyfany
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently on the $10 plan and want to move to the new $15 plan. What will happen to my data and additional minutes add on when I change my plan? Do they migrate over to the new plan, or do I lose them completely?

9 REPLIES 9

Jyfany

Thanks for that tip! I do plan on switching on my next cycle.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jyfany wrote:

I'm currently on the $10 plan and want to move to the new $15 plan. What will happen to my data and additional minutes add on when I change my plan? Do they migrate over to the new plan, or do I lose them completely?

@Jyfany It will be benefit to change to the new plan on your next cycle, not right now. For you will lose what you have paid for unless you are almost reach the maximum in your plan. 

@sandpublic wrote:

@Jyfany wrote:

Add-ons will migrate over because they are account dependant and not plan dependant.

Small side note to this statement for completeness sake (not a problem in this case):

While LD minutes are tied to the account until used up, and stay available when you change plans, they can only be used if the base plan includes a talk feature. They won't work with a text only or data only plan.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Jyfany wrote:

I already did the same move ..for the next renewal date. And my add-on are coming with me!!

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@Jyfany wrote:

That's great. Thank you!

Also, when switching plans you have the option to switch immediately or on your next renewal date so you need to decide what's best for you.

Hope this helps!

@sandpublic, be careful how you word this... yes there is a choice, but the immediate plan change will force a full price plan change, and thus forfeit any remaining value of the now replaced plan.

Future dating is the preferred recommendation unless you're changing due to expired portions of your plan.

@stonechucker,noted with thanks!

@sandpublic wrote:

@Jyfany wrote:

That's great. Thank you!

Also, when switching plans you have the option to switch immediately or on your next renewal date so you need to decide what's best for you.

Hope this helps!

@sandpublic, be careful how you word this... yes there is a choice, but the immediate plan change will force a full price plan change, and thus forfeit any remaining value of the now replaced plan.

Future dating is the preferred recommendation unless you're changing due to expired portions of your plan.

sandpublic

@Jyfany wrote:

That's great. Thank you!

Please note if you choose the immediate option a pop warning screen will appear that will inform you that by using this option you will forfeit any remaining value from your old plan and that you will need to select "Yes" to proceed.

If you select to apply the plan change on your renewal date then you will not lose any remaining value from your old plan.

Hope this helps!

Jyfany

That's great. Thank you!

sandpublic

@Jyfany wrote:

Add-ons will migrate over because they are account dependant and not plan dependant.

Need Help? Let's chat.