cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if you reach your minutes limit in a call?

RASLC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering would your call just end or would you be charged extra?

12 REPLIES 12

crosstraxcmi

... unless you have some International minutes on your account. That works too!

@crosstraxcmi   If it is the international minutes from the holiday bonus, then yes, it was used as the regular minutes were ran out

Since you didn't see any change with spinner, try again by logging into My Account using Incognito mode, usually that gives you the correct usage, avoiding browser cache problem which PM site has a lot

crosstraxcmi

@dust2dustI did not see a change in the International minutes we had until 0ver 20 minutes later so yes, it looks like the real answer is, that as long as you have some kind of "minutes" left elsewhere , then PM will not cut you off during a conversation, so that should be cleared up as it is not so cut and dry. Thanks for your input on this.

@crosstraxcmi- Click the little spinner refresh icon below the Shop Add-ons button to make sure you're seeing the recent usage counters for those freebies. If you're out of the 100 minutes and you have those freebies then those would be the minutes you will use. But the $5 500 minutes is a better deal for those times you go over the 100.

crosstraxcmi

Not sure if this is the actual case. My wife's plan says it is all used up as of last night, but this morning she called me on it, and we talked for over 3 minutes. We do not have the $5 add on, but we do have an international minutes add on, however, it does not look like any minutes were used from it. So, not sure why it is still working.

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RASLC wrote:

With Telus's Public Mobile & Bell's Lucky Mobile there are no overages, pay per use or any other types of charges what so ever.   With most other prepaid providers they would start charging you pay per minute from your Prepaid Balance with you knowing.  Having said that if you are on a Plan with limited minutes I would highly consider the $5 500 Minutes Canadian Add on which stays on your Account until all used up as long as you keep your 30 Day plan active.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If that happens the service stops unless you buy an add on.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@RASLC wrote:

If you will be running out regularly, consider a plan with unlimited calls.  Less hassle than getting add ons but costs a little more.

RASLC

Thank you, that cleared things up for me. 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Once you hit your calling limit and data, you can not use the service unless you purchase an add-on. Since PM is a pre paid service, there are no extra charges.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@RASLC 

It would just end.  No extra charges or overages with Public mobile.  Once you run out, the service just stops.  

There is a cheap $5 for 500 Cdn minutes add on that can be used.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@RASLC Yes you would lose connection, there is an excellent add on 500 minutes for five bucks also it stays in your account until completely used

Need Help? Let's chat.