cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I use all of my minutes?

Noodlez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 100 minutes on my plan but being on the phone with customer service is eating up my minutes. What will happen if I run out?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noodlez 

I just tested down to the latest 833 (in Canada) and it doesn't hit the counter.

I wouldn't worry about it.

It is perhaps unofficial but at the moment it doesn't count.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Noodlez wrote:

I have 100 minutes on my plan but being on the phone with customer service is eating up my minutes. What will happen if I run out?

If you regularly use up the numbers, you may want to "pivot" to the $25 plan which is a great value and has unlimited across Canada talk.

if you're dead set on the $15 plan, you can add the $5 500 min add on as a blanket for when you run out of minutes, and the add on minutes roll over until they're used up.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Calling Canadian Government, you will run out of time

@Noodlez wrote:

im calling the canadian government its 1800 number.

Sounds like that particular toll free should be okay according to @Anonymous post, but check what your usage shows as suggested by @geopublic  

Noodlez

im calling the canadian government its 1800 number.

@dabr wrote:

@geopublic  Has anyone confirmed if toll free numbers don't count towards limited plan minutes? 

Maybe there is some notice about it somewhere, but it would be nice to have it confirmed for sure:)

@dabr  Officially they count...unofficially maybe notSmiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noodlez 

It has been my observation on the $10 plan that most toll frees don't consume minutes. There's a possibility that the more recently added toll frees like say 844 might take minutes. But the older 800 etc don't.

Which specific toll free prefix are you on?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic  Has anyone confirmed if toll free numbers don't count towards limited plan minutes? 

Maybe there is some notice about it somewhere, but it would be nice to have it confirmed for sure:)

@Noodlez wrote:

it is a 1800 number and ive been on the phone for an hour.

Login into selfserve and check you usage history to see if you are getting charged.In the future if you call support and they have an option to call you back, take it!!Smiley Happy

Noodlez

it is a 1800 number and ive been on the phone for an hour.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Noodlez wrote:

@Noodlez  If you dialed a toll free number then more than likely will not use up minutes. Check you usage history online to verify. If it does do as other recommendation and by the $5 add-on for backup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noodlez wrote:

Your call that hits 100 minutes will drop and calling out will stop.

Get the $5 add-on for those occasion when you go over. Or step up in plan if you're always running out of minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.