cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I remove AutoPay with the Plan $25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus?

shinichi77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated this plan called "$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus". I enabled AutoPay so that I got the extra 500 MB data for this month.

But what happens if I remove the AutoPay now?  Will it affect the current cycle and the extra 500 MB will be removed?  Or I just don't get the extra 500 MB at the next cycle?

I'm not expecting comments like "Why would you remove AutoPay?" There would be many reasons and it's not the point of my question.

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shinichi77 wrote:

>> Disable AutoPay but not remove? What is the difference and how do you "disable" it?

> Just use the lost/stolen feature a day or two before your renewal.

Even though it's not lost/stolen? It's a cheat. I wouldn't want to do that.

I admire your integrity but the actual button to do the function is Suspend. The actual button to bring it back is Resume. The heading is called lost/stolen sure but don't worry about it.

It's a way for the customer to Suspend their services on their terms. Then the clock starts and you have 90 days to Resume what all you had with a new term. Or change the plan after if you like. You're in control.

@shinichi77 wrote:

@geopublic

Disable AutoPay but not remove? What is the difference and how do you "disable" it?

@shinichi77  Remove meaning to remove your cc on file just disable AP can akso be done using 611 from your phone.

shinichi77

>> Disable AutoPay but not remove? What is the difference and how do you "disable" it?

> Just use the lost/stolen feature a day or two before your renewal.

Even though it's not lost/stolen? It's a cheat. I wouldn't want to do that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shinichi77 wrote:

@geopublic

Disable AutoPay but not remove? What is the difference and how do you "disable" it?

Just use the lost/stolen feature a day or two before your renewal.

shinichi77

@geopublic

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shinichi77 The autopay reward will be affected your next payment cycle. Besides, if you don't have enough money in your account before renewal, your rewards in your account will be gone. Because the system will assume that your account to be suspended. 

@shinichi77 wrote:

@geopublic

Why I remove AutoPay? That could be any reason but in my case, I'll be on a trip again soon for a month or two.

@shinichi77  In that case you just have to disable your AutoPay (Don't remove it) let you plan get suspended and just make payment to re-activate your plan when you get back in two months. Don't forget to also enable AutoPay when re-activating.

Have a good trip!

shinichi77

As many are guessing I would lose the extra 500 MB at the next cycle, I would remove AutoPay just before the next payment date so that I would still get the benefit for the current cycle. As I enabled AutoPay at my current cycle, it's like a free gift.

shinichi77

@geopublic

Why I remove AutoPay? That could be any reason but in my case, I'll be on a trip again soon for a month or two.

BEB89

You would lose it in the next payment cycle. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shinichi77 wrote:

I activated this plan called "$25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus". I enabled AutoPay so that I got the extra 500 MB data for this month.

But what happens if I remove the AutoPlan now?  Will it affect the current cycle and the extra 500 MB will be removed?  Or I just don't get the extra 500 MB at the next cycle?

@shinichi77Why do you want to remove AutoPay? You can still make payments via vouchers and still get the reward and the data bonus.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shinichi77 wrote:

But what happens if I remove the AutoPlan now?  Will it affect the current cycle and the extra 500 MB will be removed?  Or I just don't get the extra 500 MB at the next cycle?

Good question... I want to know to answer to your question.

My guess is you will lost the bonus 500MB data at your next renewal date.  Correct me if I am wrong.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@shinichi77 yes you wont get the bonus 500 mb next month

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@shinichi77 You would loose the autopay bonus of $2 and the 500MB in your next renewal cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.