cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What happened to my data???

Hi everyone,

So yesterday I was out for a drive so wasn't on my phone much at all except to play music and according to my records at 12:18 pm I used almost 9000 MGB. What on earth would have caused me to loose data like that when I was barely on my phone? I have never used up my data in a whole month before and suddenly at 12:18 I lost that much? Is there something wrong with my phone?? Help!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: What happened to my data???

@Jolobo wrote:

Hi everyone,

So yesterday I was out for a drive so wasn't on my phone much at all except to play music and according to my records at 12:18 pm I used almost 9000 MGB. What on earth would have caused me to loose data like that when I was barely on my phone? I have never used up my data in a whole month before and suddenly at 12:18 I lost that much? Is there something wrong with my phone?? Help!

You phone may be downloading an update.

Make sure to configure your phone to update using wifi only.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jolobo check each individual app on your phone to see if there is a guilty party, enable them to download on wifi only. The time on your usage does not mean that was when it was used. The usage history Is updated twice daily arund 12 noon and midnight eastern. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Oracle

This sounds like a sync/backup taking place.  Apps that have backup features should be checked to ensure that such actions only take place when connected to WiFi.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jolobo most phones are configured out of the box to only recieve system os updates through wifi. just like @will13am said, having a photo app that is syncing your photos and videos to the cloud can easily use all that data up

if you've checked your "data usage" stats on your phone and no app combines to that amount of data used then contact moderators here to fix your account.

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Highlighted
Oracle

@Jolobo wrote:

Hi everyone,

@Jolobo Double check that number; 9000 MGB = 9 GB and PM has no 9 GB plan. (well to be accurate some old 90 days plans have more than that).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.