cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Canada wide means?

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are allowed to make any calls to any Provinces.

For example, your home province is Nova Scotia. You are in Ontario, you can make a phone call from Ontario to Nova Scotia and its free.

When you are fishing out in the lake, I made a phone call to Toronto.

Smiley Happy

9 REPLIES 9

Guys.. Canada-wide includes the 3 territories as well. Smiley Wink

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jencho wrote:

You are allowed to make any calls to any Provinces.

For example, your home province is Nova Scotia. You are in Ontario, you can make a phone call from Ontario to Nova Scotia and its free.

When you are fishing out in the lake, I made a phone call to Toronto.

Smiley Happy

@Jencho is this thread a question or a statement?  The title indicates it's a question, but the body looks like a statement.  Was someone asking, is that why you thought you needed to explain it here?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mpcdesign  The "old" name for canada wide  long distance minutes as it pertained to province wide calling plans is confusing for current plan holders but makes perfect sense to anyone who still has a province wide calling plan. "In canada" is to try and clarify they can only be used in canada to call out vs roaming in the US or anywhere else in the world where pm has no service.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@darlicious ,

I think it gets confusing when you see add-ons:

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.05.47 AM.png
Because of being on a grandfathered plan, the 'out of province' was from the old days. I believe it doesn't matter anymore just like the Build a Plan is gone! I was trying to state outgoing calls are Canada-wide, but incoming calls you need to pay (well, that's how I understand it)....or maybe because its 2am on the west coast, am sleepy! 

The province-wide and Canada-wide is only on outgoing. You don't ever need a long distance add-on to receive a call when in any province even with a province-wide plan. Ignore what it says in the help page. It's wrong. Many noticed that.

@darlicious ,

I think it gets confusing when you see add-ons:

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 2.05.47 AM.png
Because of being on a grandfathered plan, the 'out of province' was from the old days. I believe it doesn't matter anymore just like the Build a Plan is gone! I was trying to state outgoing calls are Canada-wide, but incoming calls you need to pay (well, that's how I understand it)....or maybe because its 2am on the west coast, am sleepy! 

@mpcdesign wrote:

If you call, you technically have unlimited long distance. Canada wide long distance included simply means you are not charged any additional fees for calling outside your Local Calling Area within Canada. A Canada-wide plan means that you could make calls from anywhere in Canada to any number in Canada. BUT, a long-distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province! Hope this makes sense.

That's not true at all.

Canada-wide is Canada-wide and no add-on is required to receive calls anywhere in country. And on old provincial plans, no add-on is required to receive calls outside home province.

@mpcdesign  You are incorrect in your assessment of Canada wide calling when you are out of province with all currently offered plans. It does not matter where you are in canada compared to your home province all calls are included in canada wide calling. No long distance add on needed.

Another advantage of switching from your 90 day plan!

If you call, you technically have unlimited long distance. Canada wide long distance included simply means you are not charged any additional fees for calling outside your Local Calling Area within Canada. A Canada-wide plan means that you could make calls from anywhere in Canada to any number in Canada. BUT, a long-distance talk add-on is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province! Hope this makes sense.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Yes, that's what Canada wide means - if you have a cell plan with "Canada wide" calling, you can call anywhere in Canada, and as long as you have enough calling minutes in your plan, it doesn't cost you extra to make what are normally referred to as "long distance" calls, like when using a regular landline.

Need Help? Let's chat.