Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Canada Wide 100 minutes mean?

Darougar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I do have a

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes

Does it mean I can call after 7PM to 7 Am free? Does it include weekend or if I talk in weekend it does not count? 

11 REPLIES 11

@Darougar 

There's nothing fishy about it....its quite simple. With the exception of $15 plan all other plans come with unlimited canada wide calling and international SMS/MMS texts. The difference with the $15 plan is it limits outgoing calls to 100 min but toll free numbers and call forwarding are "free" too.

If you don't want to worry about it then just upgrade to the $25 plan and get some extra data to boot. If you are thrifty and want to save then stay with the $15 plan and do as others do to limit their minutes or keep costs down.....

1. Purchase the $5/500 min canada wide calling add on to supplement your plan minutes. Thats over 8 hours of talk time priced at $0.01 per minute. If you need to use an extra 100 minutes per 30 days it only adds $1 to the cost of your $15 plan.
  2. Download the fongo app ( as previously described). It can be used to call your voicemail (saving outgoing minutes) or when you want to make long phone calls ( like mine with my sister that pm cuts off at 150 min because we just can't stop chit-chatting!)
  3. Tell your friends and family to call you when possible. Send a text or make a short call and have them call you back. Anyone I know that has an unlimited plan has no problem calling me back.

You will get a text message warning you that you have 10 minutes remaining in your plan minutes. If you have the add on it will transition seamlessly to it. You can check your usage on your overview page.

I rarely go over my minutes so the $5/500min add on easily lasts me a year or more but tne average customer might use an extra 100 min per cycle...just test your usage without worrying about the time of day or day of the week and see how many minutes you really use.....and if its a quick call hang up at 52 seconds to keep the call time counted under 1 minute.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Darougar 

it's all about what you're used to . Nothing fishy here as far as plans go . The plans here are plain plans with few exceptions(like the free incoming calls) with simple instruction and timeline .... not like someplace like Rogers where you have to have a degree to wade through  the  variables of weekends , or 7-7 or is it long distance  or local or does it include SMS etc .  

edited to ad ...Oops ...sorry I see that @4star60  has already made that point 

Darougar

thanks, It is fishy .... I thought I can call in weekend free, but I was wrong.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Darougar :Since you've gotten so many replies to your original post confirming that your 100 minutes of outgoing calls can be used anytime anyday, you might as well choose one of the above posts as your accepted solution by clicking the accepted solution button on one the posted results above that helped you the most - doing so will help others in future with same questions you had.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Darougar 

Simply put, it means you can make 100 minutes of outgoing calls/ 30 day cycle.

Bear in mind, that Public Mobile bills on a per minute basis, so any part of a minute is counted up toward the next minute.  This means that if you make 100 separate brief calls (say 5-10 seconds each), that will count as 100 minutes.

4star60

It is exactly as stated 100 minutes and any time. No 7-7 or weekend break but as others have said add the $5 for 500 canada side as a guarantee you won't run out. Cheap insurance and stays until used(does not disappear at end of your month). INCOMING calls are free, remember that!!  🙂

Sorry for the repeat, getting used to this forum. Not like others I visit.

ivyscar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It means you have 100 minutes of talk time when you call someone within in Canada! Unlimited incoming calls indicates there are no restrictions for how long you can talk to someone (or how often) when they call you. 

@Darougar 

You may want to download the free fongo app for calling your voicemail etc....while on wifi and it will also work on mobile data using about 0.5mb per minute. (250mb=500min)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can call anywhere in Canada for up to 100 minutes.  There is no time constraints.  If you run out of minutes then you can purchase a $5 add-on for 500 minutes.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Darougar wrote:

I do have a

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes

Does it mean I can call after 7PM to 7 Am free? Does it include weekend or if I talk in weekend it does not count? 

It means you can call anywhere in Canada for 100 minutes as long as your call originates in Canada. You'll get unlimited incoming calls from anywhere on planet Earth.

There are no time / day constraints...just 100 out-going minutes total....🤓

Bear in mind that checking your voicemail uses minutes as well.

@dabr...has a great suggestion to get the $5 / 500 minutes (any time / any day) in Canada wide calling add-on. When your regular plan minutes reach 100 minutes, the add-on minutes kick in until next renewal. If you have any add-on minutes left at renewal, they'll just roll over until you use them up next time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Darougar wrote:

Does it include weekend or if I talk in weekend it does not count? 

@Darougar   Yes, 24/7 until you've depleted the 100 outgoing.  You can purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins add-on to supplement the 100 plan mins.  Domestic add-ons only expire when depleted by usage.

There is no time/day limit for making calls.

Edit: @Darougar   to your question if calling doesn't count if used at weekend, that doesn't apply for the 100 mins available to you on the $15 plan.  You can call out anytime you want and those mins will deduct from your 100 mins.  A reminder that all calls (outgoing) are rounded up to the nearest min and retrieving voicemail will also deduct from the 100 mins and rounded up for total mins used.  That's why it's recommended to get the non-expiring $5/500 mins to add to the available mins for this plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.