cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do if I forget my Voicemail password?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You can reset your Voicemail password in Self Serve.

Step 16.PNG

8 REPLIES 8

My iPhone offers vm password change. Does it work.....can’t confirm. 

C824D473-185B-40D9-BDF6-C5D5AF7AB52F.jpeg

IanM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Interesting. Using Reset VM Password does work for initial setup from a landline, but prior to using Reset your phone number is accepted as the default password but results in the message "You must set up voicemail by calling from your own phone. Goodbye."

Further: using the Reset VM Password function allows you to access your voicemail one time only with the temporary password. You are asked to set a new password, and then you can listen to messages, delete them, change greeting, whatever you want. But the next time you call back and enter your new password, you are again told: "You must set up voicemail by calling from your own phone. Goodbye.". You can do the reset cycle again, and it still works. But PM really, really wants you to call and use cell minutes at least once to set up your voicemail, unnecessary as that clearly is.

I have just confirmed for you, you do not need to do it on the device.  Using a different phone you can log in with the temporary 10-digit phone number, and then you are forced to set a new one.

@Macali wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Macali wrote:

What happens after it is reset?  What is the default password assigned for me to access the system and set my password to one of my own choosing?

Assume that I will be accessing voicemail exclusively from a landline, so I'll need some form of default password in order to access the system even for the first time.

Thanks!

@Macali  You can reset it online. I think it resets to your phone number. My understanding is that you need to use your phone for the initial setup after resetting.

Thanks!  Can anyone confirm if initial setup MUST be done from the associated cell phone?  I am setting this up for my parent who is in a different town, setup from her phone is not really an option.

@Macali  Best to try it and see what happens.  Click here for the knowledgebase article that contains some userfull VM setup information.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Macali wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Macali wrote:

What happens after it is reset?  What is the default password assigned for me to access the system and set my password to one of my own choosing?

Assume that I will be accessing voicemail exclusively from a landline, so I'll need some form of default password in order to access the system even for the first time.

Thanks!

@Macali  You can reset it online. I think it resets to your phone number. My understanding is that you need to use your phone for the initial setup after resetting.

Thanks!  Can anyone confirm if initial setup MUST be done from the associated cell phone?  I am setting this up for my parent who is in a different town, setup from her phone is not really an option.

It's not necessary. If you don't do anything and simply go to the voicemail system from the handset then that's the initial setup.

The trick to avoid initial setup on the handset is to do the password reset and then use a different phone.

It resets to your 10 digit phone number.

But it only really matters with the $10 plan. Your parents have been around the sun a few times. I'm sure they're not completely incapable. It's not rocket science.

Macali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@geopublic wrote:

@Macali wrote:

Thanks!

@Macali wrote:

Thanks!

Macali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.