cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do Canada-wide minutes really mean?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired
If you're on a Canada-wide plan, you can call anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada without paying long distance rates! With our great Canada-wide plans, every call you make within Canada covers you from coast to coast at no additional charge.
6 REPLIES 6

@handyman1 wrote:

So - if someone calls me from the United States, I can talk to them for no charge even though I have only Canada-wide minutes?  But if they call me and leave a voicemail, I need to purchase an add-on if I want to call them back?

You don't control where a call comes from.  A call is call. Doesn't matter from where. You do need long distance add-on to call U.S. number back or plan that includes. Google Hangouts can do it free.

@handyman1 wrote:

So - if someone calls me from the United States, I can talk to them for no charge even though I have only Canada-wide minutes?  But if they call me and leave a voicemail, I need to purchase an add-on if I want to call them back?

No charges for calls from US never overcharged with public mobile...And yes you will need an add-on if you want to speak with them..you can have one for 8$ for 200 minutes.Smiley Happy

handyman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@handyman1 wrote:

My plan has unlimited Canada-wide minutes, and no add-ons.  If someone trying to sell me something makes an unwanted call from the United States, will their call be blocked?

No. All calls from the planet will come to you. Unless *you* block them.

handyman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan has unlimited Canada-wide minutes, and no add-ons.  If someone trying to sell me something makes an unwanted call from the United States, will their call be blocked?

deedee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Canada Wide plan, today I tried to call Quebec for my business and it wouldnt complete the call. I double checked and I do have canada wide calling. It did allow me to text this person but not call.... is this  a technical problem???

Thank you for your help!

Need Help? Let's chat.