cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What date does the US roaming data add-on start on?

zaoann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased the US roaming add-on (data only) and it immidiately said it's active on the summary page. I thought I could select a starting date. My trip doesn't start untill a week later. Any one knows how exactly it works? Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes PM's USA roaming starts immediately and would be more convenient to be able to add a start date but unfortunately, they don't have that (yet). 

I had read up on the threads & was aware of the immediate start before i bought & usually buy early in morning or if can't sleep after 24:00 (I use PST where i am just to be safe but most stuff here is EST)

I have purchased various USA roaming plans from PM, Koodo & ROam & generally found PM's to offer the best value despite the 10-day term. (perhaps only 1 or 2 day might work out better at those others.)

PM's USA roaming plans are a great value.

Public mobile doesnt give you option to start later unforunately.  

It should be there, like other provider.  It is more convenience since you can plan the travel ahead.

mikewest
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I ran into the same thing as two other providers I used always had a way to configure the start date as well which seems logical to me.

The wording at the top when you select "Buy Add Ons" says

...Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase...

I thought it meant the plan but actually means the add-on in that context coming into effect immediately. 

Maybe this is a indication PublicMobile should add the ability to configure certain add ons after their purchased if this is a recurring issue. Some people like to ensure everything is ready to go, not wait the day before and find out their account is fubar'd and it'll take 72 hours to get the addon even added. Smiley Sad

@zaoann wrote:

When I was with Fido, you purchase first and select date later. 

You aren't with FIDO anymore.  There are many many threads on how to purchase the addons when they are activated and how the 10 days is calculated.  As a third tier provider we must be prepared to do a bit more research and find out how things work as there isn't an easy to call number for help

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zaoann

When I was with Fido, you purchase first and select date later. 

@zaoann wrote:

OK, so why doesn't it say it's going to take effect immediately? And how do I cancel the add-on since I'm not going to use it?

When you purchased it did it ask you for a start date?  No so why would you think it wouldn't start immediately

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zaoann

OK, so why doesn't it say it's going to take effect immediately? And how do I cancel the add-on since I'm not going to use it?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@zaoann wrote:

I just purchased the US roaming add-on (data only) and it immidiately said it's active on the summary page. I thought I could select a starting date. My trip doesn't start untill a week later. Any one knows how exactly it works? Thanks,

All addons start immediately upon purchase, the US addons are good for 10 calendar days not 10-24 hour days and are based on the Eastern Time zone.  So if you purchase a US addon at 10PM ET you have essentially wasted a day of your addon.

ETA.  You can message a Moderator and ask if they can stop and cancel your addon purchase and put the funds back into Available funds so that they are there for when you need your addon for your time in the US.  A link to message the moderators is in my signature.

Need Help? Let's chat.