cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened?

Charanth182
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I decided it was time to review my current usage and see if there was something better out there so I went to look at what Public is offering now. I'm a little confused.

What happened to 90 day plans?

What happened to 4G plans?

What happened to province only calling?

What happened to picking how much text/data/talking I wanted?

5 REPLIES 5

Korth
Mayor / Maire

All Plans are now 30 day. All Plans are now 3G (except the 4G Data Only Plan plus any Data Add-ons attached to it, I've been informed). All Plans are now Canada-wide.

Buikd Your Own Plan calculator is gone, 90-day billing and 4G Data and Province-wide Talk options are gone. Legacy Plans are still grandfathered but new Plans must be selected from whatever PM chooses to offer. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Charanth182  since the introducstion of the prebuilt plans PM found most 95% of customers (i cant remember the figure but it was high) picked prebuilt plansm instead of the plan builder.

as for provinical calling,  its been a long time that provinicail and canada wide calling have been offered at the same price in the plan builder. so there was no need to have that any longer as an option, you could still get provinical talk only for $20.

Most people chose texting option inorder to get the "pick 3" discount.  so really theonly options left were 30 vs 90 days and data amount and speed.

as for these there was no financial incentive to pick 90 vs 30 so most people picked 30 unless you were trying to spread data usage, but  this could e a double edged sword.

so now the 4g vs 3g speed.  again most people picked prebuilt plans and were happy with the speed.  PM competes with chatr and lucky who offer only 3g   so it has honesty been  a change long time coming.  this move also helps PM differentiate itself from its sister brand koodo.  so now there is a clear difference in brand offerings, and what i believe telus hopes for: more possible migrations to koodo & telus  rather than to PM from koodo and telus.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Charanth182 , it is the evolution of the brand.  Here is the latest announcement.  You are probably as excited as the typical customer.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Exciting-changes-to-our-brand-and-custo...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@Charanth18290 day plans are gone (as in they are not available to subscribers who don't have those plans already), so are 4G unthrotled plans (other than the $10 plan + extra 1Gb of data), province only plans are gone too. texting / talking other than the $10 plan are unlimited now.

Not quite - $15 plan has 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited incoming minutes 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Charanth18290 day plans are gone (as in they are not available to subscribers who don't have those plans already), so are 4G unthrotled plans (other than the $10 plan + extra 1Gb of data), province only plans are gone too. texting / talking other than the $10 plan are unlimited now.

Need Help? Let's chat.