cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mimmo
Oracle

Re: Went to the us for 10 days came back to canada and now I cant receive text messages

@Tiana_V  @It might be worthwhile  to put a warning on the addons page "caution when purchasing this add-on sms will not work for 24 hours on return to Canada, we are actively trying to fix this issue..." So at least people are aware. 

Another option would simply be to disable the purchase of the sms add-on. No add-on, no issues. Make it available when the issue is fixed.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Went to the us for 10 days came back to canada and now I cant receive text messages

@Tiana_V wrote:

@srlawren We fully recognize how inconvenient this bug is. We are currently working on a fix for this issue, rest assured that it will be fixed in 2020. Updates will be provided as they become available. 

Thanks @Tiana_V, very much looking forward to this!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

I have a weird idea. Let's change the add-on so that it doesn't expire. LOL no expiry, no problem ever. Smiley LOL

Just throwing out a question for @Tiana_V 

If the account in question goes through a plan renewal, would it fix this problem?

If yes, then is it possible to have the roaming add-ons expire upon plan renewal instead of 10 days.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

I have a weird idea. Let's change the add-on so that it doesn't expire. LOL no expiry, no problem ever. Smiley LOL

If the account in question goes through a plan renewal, would it fix this problem?

If yes, then is it possible to have the roaming add-ons expire upon plan renewal instead of 10 days.

What happens when you consume a feature? Can you buy another one? The same? Wait 24 hours?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

How can that happen? Is that a hint to bring back a plan?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

Not at all. The topic is about not being able to receive texts when the US Roaming texting add-on expires on day 10.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

Not at all. The topic is about not being able to receive texts when the US Roaming texting add-on expires on day 10.

But how can you make add-on expiry line up with plan? People don't wait until day 20 of plan to travel.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 @cavemantoronto 

Good questions indeed. I won't pretend to have any answers lol.

The powers-that-be will have to work on them if it comes to that.

Need Help? Let's chat.