cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to purchase ADD-ON, but getting false error message

DDW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to look at ADD-ON options and maybe purchase some for a trip I am about to take. I DO have a Public Mobile plan and I have auto pay. The website shows everything is current, and I can and do use my phone without any problems. Several months ago I had an ADD-ON for temporary extra services as I was out of country. That came and went, no problems, all good.

HOWEVER, now I want to peruse the ADD-ON options and this is all I see:

"Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons."

Well, that is just bull poop. I am frustrated. I have tried logging off and logging back on... it doesn't change anything. Can anyone offer any help? Thank you so much for any consideration of my request.

9 REPLIES 9

DDW

Screenshot (6).png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is it possible to provide a screen cap of the "false error message"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DDW wrote:

Thank you for your comment. I have been trying to look at the Add-On options for a few days now with the same silly message coming up and no potential add-ons for purchase even showing. My renewal date is the 20th, I always see that my account is paid and no problems there. I only see this issue in the add-on area. It's a real shame too, because I was wanting to purchase some temporary add-on(s) for this trip. 😞

What about via 611? You'll need your 4-digit PIN.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DDW wrote:

Thank you for your comment. I have been trying to look at the Add-On options for a few days now with the same silly message coming up and no potential add-ons for purchase even showing. My renewal date is the 20th, I always see that my account is paid and no problems there. I only see this issue in the add-on area. It's a real shame too, because I was wanting to purchase some temporary add-on(s) for this trip. 😞

Rats, I was hoping it was something simple like a timing issue, but it sounds like you should contact the mods as previously suggested. Good luck -- I hope you get it sorted quickly. Let us know what happens!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DDW when do you leave?  If you haven't already, definitely send a private message to the moderator team (see @will13am's respnose for more details).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DDW

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DDW wrote:

I want to look at ADD-ON options and maybe purchase some for a trip I am about to take. I DO have a Public Mobile plan and I have auto pay. The website shows everything is current, and I can and do use my phone without any problems. Several months ago I had an ADD-ON for temporary extra services as I was out of country. That came and went, no problems, all good.

HOWEVER, now I want to peruse the ADD-ON options and this is all I see:

"Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons."

Well, that is just bull poop. I am frustrated. I have tried logging off and logging back on... it doesn't change anything. Can anyone offer any help? Thank you so much for any consideration of my request.

@DDW, you wouldn't by chance be on your renewal date, would you? Yesterday was my renewal date (my first!) and apparently, as your plan renews, your account will say it is suspended, but your service continues (as mine did). Then after a couple of hours, my account renewed, my auto-pay kicked in, and the messages disappeared. Based on threads I've seen on here, this normally happens closer to midnight on your renewal date, and then in the early hours of the following morning, the auto-pay kicks in. Perhaps this is why you are seeing the message...?

DDW

Hi and thank you for your response. The service is working and when I go to the online account area (portal?) it shows I am current and all is good. Adding to my earlier comments, the temporary add-on I used some months ago was only for a couple weeks. It worked fine and it was not an on-going service. I am wondering if the computer is glitchy in the statement that "Your account is currently expired. You will need to top up to reactivate and purchase add-ons." I wonder if it is referring to the temporary service for U.S. coverage that was for only two weeks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DDW, are you saying your service is actually working properly but the online portal says your account is expired?  Try doing the lost phone/found phone toggle to see if that can clear things up.  Failing that, I would have the moderator team look into the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.