Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart -Free sim - 2nd 30 days free

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

In Walmart flyer October 15th to 21st.

2nd 30 days free. 

Be sure to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus applied to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Screenshot_20201016_011803.jpg

27 REPLIES 27

@nukememobile wrote:

No I had none. But I'll be converting at least 2 people shortly. 

Check if any of your family or friends have a Public Mobile account and get their referral code. The code is supposed to be included when account is created but the moderators might apply it to yours if you ask real nice.

Welcome To PM.

@nukememobile  I sent you a private message your inbox is the envelope top rightish.

Great that you are bringing people over your referral code can be found in your account top right that you have to give your friends.

Have a good day!

nukememobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No I had none. But I'll be converting at least 2 people shortly. 

@nukememobile did you use a referral code at Walmart for a $10 sign up bonus? If you did that credit should be applied to your account shortly also. However normally it's applied at same time they manually give you the $2

@nukememobile 

FYI,

On your 1st renewal you will receive a $4 autopay credit to your account and then a $2 reward credit for all subsequent renewals.

nukememobile

Yes that was my understanding as well. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@nukememobile 

So if the $2 shows here like screenshot below.

Screenshot_20201017_144146.jpg

That's for your 2nd payment and system will automatically apply it to your available balance on payment due date. This is how it will work at every payment due date going forward.

The $2 in your available balance right now when you log in. Has been manually applied by Public Mobile for the very first payment you just made that system can't apply automatically at signup. 

nukememobile

Both. 2 in balance for first month that was paid in full and also in rewards since signed on with auto top-up. The Walmart staff said they added the purchase in another system for the free month. No promo code at sign up. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@RossN  there was no indication in the Walmart flyer that you have to enter your email anywhere.

It's likely a promotion code that the Walmart employee has to enter for the 2nd 30 days free to be credited. Similar to like London Drugs when they give an extra 3 or 5 gig one time add-on.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@RossN  just an FYI.   this has nothing to do with the flash sale a few weeks ago where you had to enter your signup email on a promotion link to get second 30 days free.

This sale is at Walmart. Signup at Walmart get a free sim and second 30 days free.

@Jb456 ok I stand corrected lol probably works the same as far as getting your funds added to account 🤔

@nukememobile  $2 is in your My Reward section or $2 in your available balance?

nukememobile

Exactly, I saw the 2$ credit. But I still did not see the credit for the next month and the Walmart staff seemed a little unsure of what she was doing... I'll be patient and monitor it. Hopefully I won't have to contact support to rectify this if it does not go through. Thanks for the welcome btw 🙂 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@RossN  just an FYI.   this has nothing to do with the flash sale a few weeks ago where you had to enter your signup email on a promotion link to get second 30 days free.

This sale is at Walmart. Signup at Walmart get a free sim and second 30 days free.

@nukememobile  if you signed up at Walmart for the free SIM card and 2nd 30 days free.

The credit for second 30 days free will be applied to your account within 30 days but before your next renewal.

If you signed up with a referral code for a $10 signup bonus and for auto-pay for a $2 discount per 30 days both these credits will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Normally for autopay it displays $2 in your rewards section next to auto-pay and the system applies it to your account automatically at each renewal. However at first signup the system can't apply it automatically so PM gives you a $2 credit for first payment to go towards second payment and your My rewards section will also display $2 which will be credited by the system at renewal time.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

@nukememobile wrote:

I certainly hope so, it would be reassuring seeing it there sooner rather than later though. Guess I'll be patient! Thanks. 

@nukememobile all I can say for sure is that a friend I gave a referral to got theirs about 3 weeks into the first cycle so as long as you gave them your email during that  period in september you should be good

nukememobile

I certainly hope so, it would be reassuring seeing it there sooner rather than later though. Guess I'll be patient! Thanks. 

@nukememobile wrote:

I just signed up tx from virgin. How long should it take to see the free month added to my balance? 

You will see the credit within 30 days of your first renewal.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nukememobile wrote:

I just signed up tx from virgin. How long should it take to see the free month added to my balance? 

@nukememobile hi you will see the funds in your account before your 30 day cycle is finished in time to pay for your second cycle 😁

nukememobile

@rxva wrote:

Does one pay $15 on the spot, at Walmart, for the SIM ?

And how long does the SIM stay valid without activation.

Would like to have one on standby for a visitor.

The sim is free right now with an activation until the 21st.  You must activate to get the free sim. The cheapest plan is $15.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rxva wrote:

hi in order to get the free sim you must open account on the spot 

rxva

Thanks @Jb456.  I'm thinking it's probably worth waiting given the price they're paying.  I'm hoping PM will at least release another 2nd month free promo bundled with maybe some other enticing offer.

@HALIMACS  Walmart employees can be hit or miss. Sorry you had a bad experience. 

As for black Friday promotions. You can go to through the announcement threads for last year. There was not really much.  Maybe a additional referral bonus and possible 2nd 30 days free.

PM is always switching things up and you never know what the future may hold. Only you can decide when to switch your relative over. Depending on what they currently pay with whatever carrier in the long run it may equate to additional saving now as opposed to waiting another month for a potential deal that may or may not come out.

@Jb456 

Thanks for letting us know

@HALIMACS 

The best I've seen is$25 signup bonus for both sides and 6 months $10 off for 30+ plan, so if they are up for larger plan that would be best option.

For smaller plans second free is usually better, I've seen that one combined with 25 referral credit and some bonus data add-on

Btw, you should go to a different Walmart some are great some not so. Also rate them, it may catch up with them too

@Jb456 I had a poor experience with a Walmart sales rep several weeks ago - they absolutely lambasted public mobile which I found extremely unprofessional on their part.

@cellphoneuser1  I've been waiting (patiently) for this year's Black Friday announcements before an additional family member switches over to PM.  Anyone have any thoughts on what that may entail based on prior years?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

That's not bad but there's been better before such as $10 off for half a year combined with other offers.

Need Help? Let's chat.