cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i like public mobile buuttt 10 gb 60 dolls buttttttttt

im going to koodo tomorrow 

18 REPLIES 18

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mana wrote:

With cell phone plans people tend to buy more than what they need. 

I mean if you are not going to be using 10 gb of data every month then why pay $60 for it?

if you are on PM fall promo plan or similar, that is the best deal which reduces the bill rewards. It would be foolish to leave that plan and switch elsewhere. 

All I know is that for the year I have been with PM I have physically had to watch my data like avoid youtube when I'm waiting at the doctors office etc. with 10GB a month it all goes away and back to just use and download when I want, and no more up to 90 day reset countdown  

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mana wrote:

I mean if you are not going to be using 10 gb of data every month then why pay $60 for it?

Totally agree. They see the 10 GB first, and go big... but then month after month the $60.

I personally am happy with PM. Paying roughly only $33 per month for 12GB/90 days.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

if you are on PM fall promo plan or similar, that is the best deal which reduces the bill rewards. It would be foolish to leave that plan and switch elsewhere. 

@skifan, only the first part of my post was in response to you lol sorry about that.  Yes I understand it is about attracting new customers.  Sure this promo is a lot of data at a good price.  They are hoping many jump on it knowing some will use the data and others won't but that they have increased their customer base and icnreasing there income. 

My comment was that this promo won't work for all

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

skifan

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@skifan, not everyone needs more data or roaming in the US or overseas.  You pickt he provider that offers the best value for what you personally need,. 

I don't get it if what you have here isn't working for or there is something out there that will work better for you go and get it.  You can't let opportunities pass by and hope it will be offered.  I know for every year I am here with PM my monthly bill will decrease (loyalty rewards) I know they can change the price if they want.  With these new promos I am sure I lost a referral who was going to sign up but I can't be mad that they found something that suits them better.  Bottom line do what you need to do that suits you best.

@ShawnC13  I think you have misunderstood where I am going here.  I am not worried about any of the existing people, like you and I, who are perfectly happy with the data and features we have now. ( Mind you, I would like an improved roaming option...but I can live with things as they are now)

I am talking about attracting new customers to Public Mobile.  Without the features to attract the maximum number of new customers, we may well see Public devolve into something none of us would like. ( think Mobilicity? )

As for the amount of data that is increasingly in demand these days, one just needs to converse with the average Millennial and see what they use in data despite the availability of WiFi.  It is eye opening, what they can consume via mobile.  The fact that the current promotions are featuring 10 Gb of data is not coincidental.... they are directed to this cohort of consumers. 

These consumers, btw, are the future....ingnoring them will prove to be a negative decision for any service oriented company....including Public Mobile.

jeffster1970

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@skifan wrote:

@Mana wrote:

Good luck but I don't think anyone else has better reward structure than public mobile 

This is true, however a new customer seeing the Koodo / Bell / Rogers / et al promotions and comparing to the Public 4G LTE current offer, would see a higher cost with less data.

Additionally, the no hassle roaming ability in the US and overseas, is superior with the main stream brands.....a valuable feature for some customers.

Bottom line......One would have to earn a lot of rewards to counter these new offers. Accordingly, Public needs to step up and offer a suitable promotion if they want to attract new customers..

@skifan, not everyone needs more data or roaming in the US or overseas.  You pickt he provider that offers the best value for what you personally need,. 

I don't get it if what you have here isn't working for or there is something out there that will work better for you go and get it.  You can't let opportunities pass by and hope it will be offered.  I know for every year I am here with PM my monthly bill will decrease (loyalty rewards) I know they can change the price if they want.  With these new promos I am sure I lost a referral who was going to sign up but I can't be mad that they found something that suits them better.  Bottom line do what you need to do that suits you best.

Very true. I love PM and the way it operates, but always found it difficult with only provincial calling and 12GB every 90 days -- so I'm constantly monitoring it.  Can I complain about paying $34/month? Nope. It's an excellent deal.  But for the extra $26 I get 10GB every month, or 30GB every 91-92 days (basically), so I signed up. 

I'll still come around here to help out whenever I can...and who knows, maybe PM will have something wicked come up ... and I'll port over back, I already have a spare SIM laying around somewhere. We always have to keep out eyes open for the best deals, and for the deals that meet our needs. For some, 4GB is more than enough and paying $38 (if no community involvment) or less, is fantastic. 

Just my 3 cents worth...

MEU_21

Yeah, as someone who is on the fall promo, the only way I would switch anywhere is if they had a 3-4GB/m, Canada-wide LTE plan for $30 (I can't see it happening in the near future).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cork99, I am happy to see that you found a more suitable plan for your self.  There is no one size fit all, go for what is best.  Good luck.

AlexOfAnders

Even at $60 for 5GB of data, it's cheaper than Koodo or any other I saw plus there's the aforementioned reward structure. I just looked at Koodo's plans for BYOD and it's $85 for 4GB of data (+ 2GB of bonus data for 24 months).

I looked through a lot of providers before recently switching to Public and I find it's still seems like the best deal currently out there.

@skifan wrote:

@Mana wrote:

Good luck but I don't think anyone else has better reward structure than public mobile 

This is true, however a new customer seeing the Koodo / Bell / Rogers / et al promotions and comparing to the Public 4G LTE current offer, would see a higher cost with less data.

Additionally, the no hassle roaming ability in the US and overseas, is superior with the main stream brands.....a valuable feature for some customers.

Bottom line......One would have to earn a lot of rewards to counter these new offers. Accordingly, Public needs to step up and offer a suitable promotion if they want to attract new customers..

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

skifan

@Mana wrote:

Agreed with @Mana

I am with public mobile cuz of their great reception and awesome reward plan hardly paying 26 to 28 bucks monthly for my 12gb 120 plan. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Good luck but I don't think anyone else has better reward structure than public mobile where you are in control to reduce your billing amount by contributing to community, by getting referrals, by staying longer every year, etc

cork99

i used 10.7 outta 12 feb 4

skifan

@Taekgun wrote:

Do remember, there is always some fine print in these deals where they can raise your cost per month with 14 days notice (or something similar), and nothing is actually guarenteed :

Unfourtunately, that is also true of Public Mobile......they could raise grandfathered plan rates at any time they choose ( with appropriate notice).

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There's no doubt there are some attractive deals out there.  I personally can't see needing 10GB of data per month as I have unlimited data on my WiFi at home.  Do remember, there is always some fine print in these deals where they can raise your cost per month with 14 days notice (or something similar), and nothing is actually guarenteed Smiley Happy

cork99

i truly like public mobile   i came back twice but 60 dollars  wozers 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Good luck. Hope your port-out goes smoothly. Come back anytime! Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.