Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHO ALL WISHES 1GB FOR 10$ INSTEAD OF 15$ @PM VOICE OF CUSTOMERS

shiven23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

19 REPLIES 19

@Nezgar wrote:

I think $15 for 1GB is a good deal, specifically because it, and the $5 500 minute addon never expire. It makes the $15 plan quite competitive against the $25 plan that doesn't carry over the 1GB.

I'd worry more that eventually expiry terms will get attached to these addons, which seems to be the case everywhere else...

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 11.47.56 AM.png

Good point but the $15 plan only has 100 minutes outgoing vs the $25 plan has unlimited.

And the $25 plan only has 750mb more of Data than the $15 plan.

I struggle to use the 100 minutes and the 250mb of data so the add ons for 500 minutes and a few GB of data makes my plan second to none, in my opinion.

Although the younger folks have their Data on 24/7 and I control my use. I can see if you want everything to work and not manage your Data why some plans from the BIG 3 are so expensive and for a family of 5, I personally think the cost is so outrageous and it appears to me the younger folks are unnecessarily over extending them selves for this luxury. Like the ones that drive $75,000 pick up trucks that never see a load, a camper or a trailer. The latter is my opinion only. 

But I do believe depending on the  needs of an unlimited plan with a lot a Data is good for those that "truly" need it. 

And the let's add an expiry date to add ons.......shhhhhh!!!!  But don't forget there is competition that could cause an exodus. 

I think $15 for 1GB is a good deal, specifically because it, and the $5 500 minute addon never expire. It makes the $15 plan quite competitive against the $25 plan that doesn't carry over the 1GB.

I'd worry more that eventually expiry terms will get attached to these addons, which seems to be the case everywhere else...

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping Yeah your right. Lots of customers from BC/AB are going to move to shaw if the BIG 3 won't give them a good deal. 

I've been reading a lot of news about how the CRTC is starting to allow Tiny Telecoms into Canada because we need more competition. 

The only tiny telecom I can think of in my area is Fongo Mobile and soon to hopefully be released Dotmobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BearFBI 

Agree as long as there is new competitor(s) coming to the table in addition to the Big 3 providers.

Shaw is currently offering $45/25GB plan for their current internet subscribers for BC/AB.  Give 6 to 12 months, the cost of mobile data in BC/AB will be lower if not Canada wide.  In 3 - 4 months, we will be in the Black Friday and boxing week sale period.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@shiven23 Agree, 10$ for 1 gb would be nice, but I doubt PM will do this in closest future.

BearFBI

Slow down guys. This is also Telus were talking about. Telus dosent like cheap or low cost. 

PM is low cost but in a different way. PM is basically Telus but stripped down of all its features and support wich lowers the price.

What PM offers now is pretty much the best they can offer. It will get lower overtime but that's because Canadas whole market is getting lower.

We need Independent Telecoms. This is where I wish PM wasnt apart of Telus. 

fdrcamb519

@popping 

@popping wrote:

How about the data add-on charge is based on the cost of data on your current plan.

Cost of 1GB data for the $50/8.5GB plan = $5.88/GB

Cost of 1GB data for the $40/5GB plan = $8/GB

Cost of 1GB data for the $30/2GB plan = $15/GB

I like your break down per GB

For reference:

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 4.41.22 PM.png

Buck a GB!!!

how about something like $25/2gb and $30/3gb? 

and dont forget about the $30/2gb+500mb auto-pay you guys are planning to surprise us with 😉

right @Catherine_T 💘💐🍾🥂🍶📈

@popping wrote:

How about the data add-on charge is based on the cost of data on your current plan.

Did you first subtract the value of Canada wide calling and international texting? Then calculate the cost of a gb of data. 

Then the value of add-on data that that carries over should have a premium added for that......like 50 cents. And the minimum purchase if the price was reduced should be in lots of 5gb. 

I would buy 5gb for $35 as an add on that had carry over. 

@shiven23 

Put this on the Community's Public Mobile Wishlist. You never know it might come true!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If we are allowed to dream big, how about 2GB for $10.

@popping wrote:

@popping   Not sure I like that idea of different pricing based upon the plan...maybe intead PM could just have $5/1GB add-on data option available for 30 day period, in addition to leaving the current add-on prices/non expiry intact? 

shiven23

BUT ITS GOOD TO STRAT WITH 10$ / GB MAX 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

shiven23

WELL  WE WANT TO BE VOICE OF CUSTOMERS AND FAIR TO THE  PROVIDER

You're not going to get many customers to argue against this. Whether it hapens is a different story. I think that $10 for 1GB is still much too high.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@shiven23 WHY STOP AT $10? I WANT IT FOR $5! WHO'S WITH ME? LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.