cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail on the new $10 plan

pipasharto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am wondering, will the voicemail work when my monthly minutes (50) end if I add talk addon? Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@pipasharto, just in case you want to shop around, check this link out, for a list of other providers that use the Rogers network.  You may find a deal.

MVNOs by Carrier listing - Whistleout.ca

@smp99 wrote:

I don't think you could set up call fwd after minutes run out because I believe that requires a call into the system to trigger the CallFwd. But I could be wrong and great question. I do know that call fwd minutes do not use up minutes on your plan

Yes, that is my understanding as well. It's preventive measure not treatment for the problem. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think you could set up call fwd after minutes run out because I believe that requires a call into the system to trigger the CallFwd. But I could be wrong and great question. I do know that call fwd minutes do not use up minutes on your plan

@Luddite, I was also going to suggest fongo... just didn't want to confuse anyone (any more than I already was) 🙂

@pipasharto wrote:

Oh, Thnks everyone. I understand it now. Voicemail will always work. However, I have to buy an add-on to listen to it. 

Based on the FAQ here, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te..., you do not have to buy the add-on as messages can be picked up from another phone. The FAQ certainly implies voicemail will work after the calling allowance has been used up.

It would be interesting to find out whether call forwarding continues to work after the minutes run out. If so, forwarding to a fongo.com number would obviate the need for extra minutes to get messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

No, you can use another phone to call your own cell number, and access your voice mail that way if you wish.

However, adding the 200 or 400 mnute long distance will ALSO allow you to access direct from your device

pipasharto

Oh, Thnks everyone. I understand it now. Voicemail will always work. However, I have to buy an add-on to listen to it. 

pipasharto

Hi,

I was browsing the plans and see that the $10 plan has a fine print "Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes".

My question was if I finish my 50 minutes, will people able to leave messages as I do not have any in-plan minutes left. 

I hope the question is clear now. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Need clarification on what you are asking

Will voicemail work (accept calls) when 50mins runs out? I think this is the question and I don't know the answer just now. 

You cannot check your voice mail if your 50mins has run out and you do not have a voice add-on using your PM phone. You can always check your voice mail from another line regardless of the minutes used or add-on status.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pipasharto  sorry i misread your post.  i was refering to accessing voicemail.  leaving messages i think should always work.

pipasharto

Thanks for the reply. So, the voicemail will continue to work with a purchased add-on, right? As I need the voicemail all the time.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You will need an add-on. But you can always get them by calling from a different phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.