cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail forwarding number

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi.  I jist made the move to 90 day plan from legacy no voicemail

I hate voicemail so i used my forward feature to take out number of voicemail and instead put my home number for the answering machine. But now i realize that i cant revert back becauae i dont have voicemail number. So if im travelling i cant put back forward to my voicemail.  Anyone know how to do that?  Whats tge number?

11 REPLIES 11

On my Android, I have the 'Voicemail' set up for "my carrier" for the service, and the number for PM Voicemail from my area code is listed there.

In my forwarding instructions, I have 'Always forward' off, 'When Busy' it goes to voice mail, When unanswered it goes to my 'Fongo' Account, and when 'unreachable', it also goes to my Fongo account.

Not sure what OS you're using for your phone... In my instance, if I wanted it to forward to my home number, I'd replace the Fongo above with the home number.

Hope this helps.

EDIT : OOOPS... OP responded before I finished the reply.

Nikita

Ahhh makes sense.   Ill turn off forwarding  haha  sorry  im so new to this  i never had a cell phone with forwarding or voicemail or text .  I still don't understand text  lol 

Also ifound th number. 1 area code 580-4001. Maybe they have many phone numbers 🙂

@Nikitawrote:

Ok ill try to be more clear.  Whem u have voicemail, in order for the call to be picked up with voicemail, it needs to have forwarding set to a number.  Thats the number i need. I took it off for call unanswered, call busy and put in my home number. But  i need the number to go back to voicemail when i will be in toronto and i did not mark it down

This is not my understanding. When I do not want voicemail on my PM number I forward the line to another number which, when I don't answer it, records messages. When I want my PM number to take messages I just turn off Call Forwarding. The PM system automatically takes messages when your PM number goes unanswered and is not forwarded. So, try turning Call Fowarding OFF.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nikita

Nope

Still braindead on this even with your explanation. Probably because with my iPhone call forwarding, or not, is managed from the phone. 

Did @Stormy's suggestion help?

Nikita

Ok ill try to be more clear.  Whem u have voicemail, in order for the call to be picked up with voicemail, it needs to have forwarding set to a number.  Thats the number i need. I took it off for call unanswered, call busy and put in my home number. But  i need the number to go back to voicemail when i will be in toronto and i did not mark it down

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikita Confused. Do you have a plan without calling? Voicemail and call forwarding are included with all calling plans.

Nikita

Good question. Wjen i to toronto ill remeber to do this before

Nikita

Nope not it 😞 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

When outside of the home network, I wonder if it is still possible to update call forwarding. 

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It should be (your area code) 580-4002.

Need Help? Let's chat.