cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail change number

os_lion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey community,

If I change my number, will there be a voicemail message informing callers that the old number has been changed to the new number?

If so, for how long it's gonna be there?

Thanks,

Os_liOn

6 REPLIES 6

@os_lion I think this may be a $22/30 day workaround.

Get a 2nd calling only PM plan with (what will become) your new number. Change your current voicemail message to "..... and my new number is ccc-xxx-yyyy). 28 days later send a private message to the moderators and request they move your PM #2 number to your current plan; they will give your second plan a new number. Let the 2nd plan expire; it will be deleted after 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@os_lion Maybe you can send a multicast or broadcast text message to all your contacts to inform them about your new number. For places that do not have a cell, you may need to call to update your contact info. 

For or a more permanent solution, I agree with @stonechucker to port your new number to either a very cheap VoIP or a cheap plan like 711 or something and then forward your calls to your new number. 

An option to try might be to setup a VoIP service or a Fongo app, where you would call forward all your calls to it, keeping your current phone number active, and using the VoIP / Fongo assigned number as your new day-to-day calling number.

This would allow you a chance to keep your phone number active, until you notify your contacts that you’re changing your number, and when you’re ready to flip the switch, port in your new day-to-day number to your current Public Mobile solution.

The drawback on this is, the port from VoIP services will take a few days, a longer period of time than you may want when changing.

os_lion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you guys.

Then I won't have the chance to let people know that I changed my number! 😞

I have to think of other solutions.

@wetcoaster wrote:

Voicemail is tied to an active talk feature of your plan and therefore to your current phone number.

Keeping in mind that PM is a prepaid no frills / budget carrier... My assumption would be that, since your previous number will be out of service when you change your number, that's what the caller will be told by the system: "This phone number is not in service." (Or something along those lines)

Somebody more knowledgeable in these specifics please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as I know, what you said is bang on. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Voicemail is tied to an active talk feature of your plan and therefore to your current phone number.

Keeping in mind that PM is a prepaid no frills / budget carrier... My assumption would be that, since your previous number will be out of service when you change your number, that's what the caller will be told by the system: "This phone number is not in service." (Or something along those lines)

Somebody more knowledgeable in these specifics please correct me if I'm wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.