cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail capacity

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Tried searching but couldn't seem to find the answer just curious as to what PM Voicemail box size would be ie. 3, 10, 25 messages?

22 REPLIES 22

SteveKincade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I opted to use YouMail and never looked back. Works perfectly with PM. Hope this helps.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@88cranston wrote:

Sorry couldn’t add words to post above. Isn’t voicemail only 9? See black box on $15 plan. Checked a few others and no mention. 

@88cranston no, that's just a footnote number and has nothing to do with your voicemailbox's capacity.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@88cranston wrote:

A4AB82CA-9606-4047-A56A-C9DBCE5C215A.jpeg

Sorry couldn’t add words to post above. Isn’t voicemail only 9? See black box on $15 plan. Checked a few others and no mention. 

88cranston

A4AB82CA-9606-4047-A56A-C9DBCE5C215A.jpeg

srlawren

@Eister makes sense.  Welcome to Public Mobile!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@Eister wrote:

I was previously with Primus and their voicemail capacity was 3. I really appreciate PM’s 10 limit!

@Eister good to hear!  Out of curiosity, what made you find and revive this long-dormant thread?  

I just joined PM last month and didn’t know what the voicemail capacity was, so I did a community search and found the answer in this thread. 🙂

srlawren

@Eister wrote:

I was previously with Primus and their voicemail capacity was 3. I really appreciate PM’s 10 limit!

@Eister good to hear!  Out of curiosity, what made you find and revive this long-dormant thread?  

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@SteveKincade I never asked for conformity, geez.  Chill out, it was just a suggestion.  PM doesn't offer more than 10.  Sorry your life is so busy you get 50 voicemails a day. 

Out of curiosity:  who was your previous provider and what kind of voicemail offering did you have there?  I think most carriers in Canada offer up to 3 messages for free, or you can pay to upgrade to 25.  Are there some that allow up to 50?  

srlawren

@SteveKincade I never asked for conformity, geez.  Chill out, it was just a suggestion.  PM doesn't offer more than 10.  Sorry your life is so busy you get 50 voicemails a day. 

Out of curiosity:  who was your previous provider and what kind of voicemail offering did you have there?  I think most carriers in Canada offer up to 3 messages for free, or you can pay to upgrade to 25.  Are there some that allow up to 50?  

SteveKincade

Thanks and sorry to be curt. I just finished a few really silly solutions and then I read yours. 

Still trying to get Public Mobile to deactivate my voice mail, then it should work. There is no real reason why they would not do this so here's hoping.

mimmo

@SteveKincade  an option i have though of implemeting before was to conditional forward my unanswered calls to my fongo account as it has visual voicemail. I have not tried it yet and i do not know the limits (number of calls days etc)  it has.  but it could be worthwhile looking into.

the reason the mentioned to start a new thread is becasue the forum doens;t really showcase old threads.  and then latest posts is a new addition but on a heavy day a post in an old thread will easily get lost.

SteveKincade

and because it was 2 years old, I felt it worthwhile to see if there are any new solutions. 

SteveKincade

This has to be the silliest response I have ever heard of. <snip>

srlawren

@SteveKincade @Luddite there's actually a very simple and totally free workaround:  clear out your voicemail messages a bit more often.  Not that difficult.  Write down anything important contained within and you're good to go.  

@SteveKincade You are posting to a solved topic nearly two years old. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum.

There is no workaround at Public Mobile. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SteveKincade

Hello, 

So, I understand that their is a 10 message limit by default, but is there an add-on or any way to overcome this very small limit?

How have others overcome this? Is there an external service we can sign up for?

SteveKincade

Hello,

Yes VoiceMail is included in your package. 

ericstewart22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did see it and that's good info, but it didn't answer my question about whether or not it was free.

Thanks for clarifying that it is included.

And when I said I couldn't find any info on VM anywhere, I meant on PM's Plans / Add-Ons pages. It seems ridiculous that I have to go to the Community to find this info.

Eric

srlawren

Hi @ericstewart22,

Did you happen to notice this reply above?

@PhoneSeeker wrote:

It can hold 10 messages.

Other things to know about PM voicemail:

1) Voicemail messages can be up to 5 minutes long.

2) Messages are deleted after 10 days but you can keep them by saving them. However, you can only have 10 messages (saved/unsaved) total in your voicemail at any point in time.

This is the correct info, and VM is included on all plans that inlucde a Talk component (province-wide, canada-wide, or canada&us-wide talk options).

ericstewart22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Voicemail is free, right?

I can't find any details on voicemail anywhere. Am I blind or did PM seriously omit this information?

Jewelsruss
Thankyou!

PhoneSeeker

It can hold 10 messages.

Other things to know about PM voicemail:

1) Voicemail messages can be up to 5 minutes long.

2) Messages are deleted after 10 days but you can keep them by saving them. However, you can only have 10 messages (saved/unsaved) total in your voicemail at any point in time.

Need Help? Let's chat.