cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Limit

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Team,

Just wondering as it is not listed, how big is our voicemail? Like how many messages can be stored before it reaches full?

Cheers!

16 REPLIES 16

@Alis_Ibiza Not with Public Mobile's built-in voicemail service. But if you use an alternate voicemail service like the aforementioned Youmail, the voicemails will come to you via email with the recordings attached.

Alis_Ibiza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Martin, 

Do you know if there is a way to download the recording of a voicemail so I can save it on my computer instead of having to manually save it every 10 days? The only option I hear that sounds remotely relevant to that is "send this voicemail to a friend" but it sounds like that would only forward it to another phone's voicemail system, which is not what I am after. 

Thanks!

@CatCanyon  Look at setting up a free YouMail.com account. Use the instructions for Telus or Rogers, and they will provide a phone number and instructions to reconfigure your conditional call forwards, instead of the defaults used by Public Mobile voicemail service.

Then - all voicemails can be just emailed to you, and there is no limit and furthermore no need to dialin to listen to them. Even better, a text transcription is included (first 20 with free acct) with the email so most of the time you dont even have to listen to the sound file attachment.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon : Maybe @J_PM could hear your suggestion and put it in their to do list. I wouldn't want to pay for it in the rates though.

Why would you keep voicemails? Are there other cell providers that offer more? Also keep in mind that kept voicemails drop off after 10 days. Although there might be some "trick" to keep them longer. Not sure.

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for your quick response. What/ who is setting the cap on voicemail? It's the anyway to persuade a change in the policy? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon wrote:

It's there any way to extend number of messages in inbox? 

@CatCanyon : No.

Edit: But there are external options you could use unrelated to here using the same call forwarding method.

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's there any way to extend number of messages in inbox? 

@dgurl wrote:

@Martin wrote:

Hi,

You're welcome!

On the old pre-Telus site, voicemail consisted of 40 messages, each up to 1 minute in duration. After the purchase, it was changed to 10 messages, each up to 5 minutes in duration. I then tested the system to determine if the advertised 10 messages, each up to 5 minutes in duration, was correct. While testing, the artificial voice informed me that messages would be saved for 10 days. My testing also involved if saved messages were included in the 10-message limit; they were. Plus, I repeatedly saved messages to see if that was possible.

Cheers.

I had no idea for all these years! Interesting! Thanks. 🙂

I hope you realize that this thread is nearly 4 years old.  Sadly, Martin is no longer able respond as he is no longer with us.

dgurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Martin wrote:

Hi,

You're welcome!

On the old pre-Telus site, voicemail consisted of 40 messages, each up to 1 minute in duration. After the purchase, it was changed to 10 messages, each up to 5 minutes in duration. I then tested the system to determine if the advertised 10 messages, each up to 5 minutes in duration, was correct. While testing, the artificial voice informed me that messages would be saved for 10 days. My testing also involved if saved messages were included in the 10-message limit; they were. Plus, I repeatedly saved messages to see if that was possible.

Cheers.

I had no idea for all these years! Interesting! Thanks. 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The above is not in an FAQ, as you know.

That said, if you go to each board, click on the last page, which is actually the first created! There, you will see posts by PM community team members.

Cheers.

deltatux

@Martin wrote:

Hi,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

Thanks for the testing info! I think they should seriously consider putting this in an official FAQ. The FAQ is so tiny as it currently stands.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You're welcome.

I'm always willing to share what I know.

Cheers.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its great that @Martin did this, thank you for sharing this info with us.  I was also wondering about voicemail and found the answer right here.  

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

deltatux

@Martin wrote:
Hello,

Your voicemail box can have 10 messages, whether new or saved. Each message can be up to 5 minutes in duration. After 10 days, a message, whether new or saved, is automatically deleted, unless saved. You do not have to wait until the 10th day to save a message (for another 10 days). Messages can therefore be saved indefinitely.

I hope that this has answered your question.

Hi @Martin,

Thank you for your reply. Where can I find this information documented?

Thanks!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Your voicemail box can have 10 messages, whether new or saved. Each message can be up to 5 minutes in duration. After 10 days, a message, whether new or saved, is automatically deleted, unless saved. You do not have to wait until the 10th day to save a message (for another 10 days). Messages can therefore be saved indefinitely.

I hope that this has answered your question.
Need Help? Let's chat.