cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoiceMail features

PublicEcho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello PM community! 

Does PM offer Voicemail add on? And if yes what kind of voicemail service does it offer?

I will be coming from Fido and I'd like to know if it would have the same or similar voicemail add-on or feature I really enjoyed.

I tend to have the NEED for voicemail as I will have many missed calls from time to time but not always. 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@My-Camel wrote:

Does Public Mobile have a voice mail to email or voice mail to text feature.

Public Mobile does not offer voicemail-to-email, or "visual" voicemail, but they DO support reprogramming your conditional call forwards to whatever you want, enabling you to use other voicemail services.

My favourite currently is YouMail.com. Not only will they e-mail you a sound file attachment of the message so you don't have to dial-in to retrieve it, they will also do voice-to-text transcriptions of the first 20 messages per month with the free account option. You don't even have to install the app.

Other options include fongo.com.

MarcGSR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

May I suggest the post detailing the voicemail features/specification be stickied in either the 'Getting Started' or 'Plans & Addons' forum. This would be the first place I looked to find the details on PM's voicemail service prior to a Google search which does pull it up but not the first hit, less tech savy users may have an easier time finding their answer this way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @My-Camel, That feature is currently not available.  Also, for future reference, You should always ask a new question in its own, new topic.  That way you do not risk having your issue getting missed because it is in an old topic.

My-Camel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does Public Mobile have a voice mail to email or voice mail to text feature.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @PublicEcho,

Some of the main features of VM are:
1: You can have a total of 10 messages, unheard and/or saved.
2: Your outgoing greeting can be up to 1 minute in duration.
3: Incoming messages can be up to 5 minutes in duration.
4: After 10 days, a message is automatically deleted. You can retrieve a message within 48 hours if you deleted it. You can keep messages indefinitely by saving them.
5: When there are 7 messages, whether unheard or saved, the artificial voice will inform you that you're nearing capacity, and that you should delete messages that you don't need.

Though a tad early, welcome to Public Mobile!

Mayor / Maire

@PublicEcho VM is included with every plan that has a talk/calling component. There is no extra charge for it.

VM is not available separately as an add-on, to those (such as myself) on a data-only plan.

I hope this answers your question.

Need Help? Let's chat.