cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail - some callers can't leave a message

ds123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some callers can leave a message, others cannot, it seems to depend on the caller (some always have a problem, some never do, as far as I can tell). I have very few saved messages and the problem seems nothing to do with a full mailbox.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

ds123

I'm still investingating the issue and have help from the moderators who are willing to escalate the problem (unlike the one mod who really does the image of public moble a diservice). I am getting close to an answer, when I am sure I have it I will update this thread.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

@ds123 @srlawren Thanks for the tag. When our Mods are stumped on particularly technical cases we do indeed escalate these things to tech. I will ask for a ticket to be created to look into this and for the Mod to follow up with you for updates @ds123 .

Thank you, @Alan_K!  Much appreciated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@ds123 wrote:

@srlawrenVery good point, the message is apparently more along the lines of "the mailbox is not accepting messages at this time" although I believe they get the outgoing message, I should confirm. Thanks for the distinction.

@ds123 yeah any info you can gather might be helpful.  That particular message is usually heard when you choose an extended absence (outbound) greeting message as your active message and then tell the system to stop accepting inbound messages.  [More here on how to turn that on and off:  Workaround for diabling Voicemail].  It definitely sounds like a system glitch if that is being applied when certain callers call you and not when others do.  The moderator you dealt with appears (from your quoted message above) to be less than helpful.  

@Alan_K is there a way to escalate this issue to a tech of some kind?  Are the moderators not able to creat internal tickets for Telus engineers to investigate issues like this?  Can you please review @ds123's post above from earlier today?  3rd posting in this thread.  Thank you!

@ds123 @srlawren Thanks for the tag. When our Mods are stumped on particularly technical cases we do indeed escalate these things to tech. I will ask for a ticket to be created to look into this and for the Mod to follow up with you for updates @ds123 .

srlawren

@ds123 wrote:

@srlawrenVery good point, the message is apparently more along the lines of "the mailbox is not accepting messages at this time" although I believe they get the outgoing message, I should confirm. Thanks for the distinction.

@ds123 yeah any info you can gather might be helpful.  That particular message is usually heard when you choose an extended absence (outbound) greeting message as your active message and then tell the system to stop accepting inbound messages.  [More here on how to turn that on and off:  Workaround for diabling Voicemail].  It definitely sounds like a system glitch if that is being applied when certain callers call you and not when others do.  The moderator you dealt with appears (from your quoted message above) to be less than helpful.  

@Alan_K is there a way to escalate this issue to a tech of some kind?  Are the moderators not able to creat internal tickets for Telus engineers to investigate issues like this?  Can you please review @ds123's post above from earlier today?  3rd posting in this thread.  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ds123

@Kim1971kim  the voice mail is set up properly and works fine - when it does work.

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Kim1971kim wrote:

Maybe your voicemail isn’t completely set up somehow? 

I believe that even if it hasn't been setup by the user, incoming callers can stil leave messsages, but the greeting will just be the system default. Either way, even if this were a setup issue, how would some be able to leave messages but not others?

@computergeek541 a strange case indeed.  

@ds123, I don't recall ever hearing of others having this issue.  Out of curiosity, what happens when the affected inviduals call you and you cannot answer?  Do they get forwared to your outgoing message properly, or does the call drop, or something else?  After hearing your outgoing message, what happens? Does the call just drop?  Do they hear another (automated) message, sometthing like "this caller is not accepting messages at this time" or "this mailbox is full" (yes, I know you said yours isn't full, but obviously there's a glitch of some kind, so just trying to think of what they might be hearing).  Or something else entirely?

@Kim1971kim wrote:

I believe that even if it hasn't been setup by the user, incoming callers can stil leave messsages, but the greeting will just be the system default. Either way, even if this were a setup issue, how would some be able to leave messages but not others?

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

ds123

Thanks for the tips. This problem is hard to catch since I don't necessarily know when I'm not getting messages. Lately it has become a serious problem again so now I'm looking into it more. I am getting some support from another moderator who took over my private message thread this morning - it was not going well last night. When I have a more definite conclusion I will post findings on this public thread.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ds123 wrote:

I am getting nowhere with this problem. I spoke with a "moderator" who suggested that, after carefully reading what I had to say, that the reason my mailbox is full is that there are too many voice mails in it, when in fact my voice mailbox is empty. When I pointed out that I had already clearly stated that it depends on who calls me, not when (it is always the same originating phones that cannont leave a message), he (Lucian) told me that it is clearly a problem with the caller's provider and I should ask them to fix it!! This is the most impractical, rediculous response I can imagine. When I asked to be bumped up to a supervisor, the response was:

"Public Mobile is a prepaid service that operates on Community and is administrate by the Moderators. There aren't no supervisors. I came out with some reasonable suggestions. Why can't you accept them? Thanks, Lucian PM Mod "

I clearly stated my position that if this problem of not getting voice mails cannot be fixed, I will have to find another provider, even if it costs me twice as much. It seems that I am now in the possition where I do have to find a new provider due to an unreliable voice mail system on Public Mobile. I am not yet fully committed to this course of action but certainly I will be looking into this right away and most likely will have to follow through with this solution. Very unfortunate. I am sure there is a technical solution if only someone who knew what they were doing on the back end could look into the problem. As you can tell, I am very frustrated and also disappointed with the support PM is able to provide.

@ds123   I see you posted your original complaint back in March.  Are you saying that you have not managed to get this resolved since and you are still experiencing the same issue?

How long ago did you interact with the moderator you've referenced?  Did you try any of the suggestions from March?  Did you try a using a different phone as suggested?

If your response from moderators was a while ago, it might be time for you to contact them again, submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in 'get ticket', then select 'contact moderators'.   If you have any problems with the link, click on the ? mark bottom right of your screen.  Good luck.

ds123

I am getting nowhere with this problem. I spoke with a "moderator" who suggested that, after carefully reading what I had to say, that the reason my mailbox is full is that there are too many voice mails in it, when in fact my voice mailbox is empty. When I pointed out that I had already clearly stated that it depends on who calls me, not when (it is always the same originating phones that cannont leave a message), he (Lucian) told me that it is clearly a problem with the caller's provider and I should ask them to fix it!! This is the most impractical, rediculous response I can imagine. When I asked to be bumped up to a supervisor, the response was:

"Public Mobile is a prepaid service that operates on Community and is administrate by the Moderators. There aren't no supervisors. I came out with some reasonable suggestions. Why can't you accept them? Thanks, Lucian PM Mod "

I clearly stated my position that if this problem of not getting voice mails cannot be fixed, I will have to find another provider, even if it costs me twice as much. It seems that I am now in the possition where I do have to find a new provider due to an unreliable voice mail system on Public Mobile. I am not yet fully committed to this course of action but certainly I will be looking into this right away and most likely will have to follow through with this solution. Very unfortunate. I am sure there is a technical solution if only someone who knew what they were doing on the back end could look into the problem. As you can tell, I am very frustrated and also disappointed with the support PM is able to provide.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ds123 

Interesting....  

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Could it be a hardware issue?  Maybe try a different phone for a few days if possible....

Maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your SIM/plan.  It does not harm to your phone.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found. 

If still continues to be a problem, you may need to contact moderator via private messaging.  

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.