cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail

iskedo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I'm curious if there is a way to disable my voice mail? I personaly have zero use for it and also i've have been getting daily spam messages that fill my box failry quick its very annoying. I'd like to keep my plan but just remove this feature completly.

Thank You.

8 REPLIES 8

@dhp wrote:

Hi There, 

When I check my vocemail the recording says "you have no messages"--even when I do have messages. Why this, suddenly?  Any suggestions? 

thx,

--dhp 

Then, you have no new vocie messages. The more likely scenario would be that your phone is displaying the new message icon in error. I would call your phone number from another phoen and leave yourself a message. If that's what's happening, check your messages and delete the one that you just left for yourself. The voicemail icon should clear.

dhp

Hi There, 

When I check my vocemail the recording says "you have no messages"--even when I do have messages. Why this, suddenly?  Any suggestions? 

thx,

--dhp 

iskedo

Thank you all for your solutions, i'll give the voice mail extended leave option a try.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

You can try this...

Add An Extended Absence Greeting / Disable Voicemail

An extended absence greeting allows you to record an alternate greeting, which can be up to 1 minute long, without deleting the one you have recorded. You can use it as an after-hours greeting or to leave special instructions, for instance if you temporarily don’t want to accept voicemail.To set up an extended absence greeting, dial into your voicemail. From the main menu, follow the arrows in the below visual.

Help Articles - Extended absence

To Disable Your Voicemail, Follow These Steps:

1. Dial into your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad.
  2. Select option 3 to “Manage your greetings”
  3. Select option 4 to “Manage your Extended Absence Greeting”
  • Select Option 2 to record an extended absence greeting if you don’t already have one.
  1. If you have an extended absence greeting recorded, Select option 4 to turn on Extended Absence Greeting
  2. Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting

Extracted from: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/add-an-extended-absence-greeting

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I opened a fongo account that I don't use and forwarded all missed unanswered ignored calls there.

If there is a message I'd like to hear I can login and still hear it or even get it in the email (never happened but an option) 

Also nice option if I'm out of service or country but have WiFi or local data, I can actually login and still receive calls.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try leaving a voice mail greeting that says this voice mail box is not monitored and no replies will be given similar to no reply email address. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@iskedo, there is no way of disabling voice mail.  Some people use extended absence greeting or call forward to some other number besides the voice mail number as a way of preventing a voice mail from being left by the caller. 

Need Help? Let's chat.