cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail for iPhone?

Can0nFan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just curious if Public Mobile has Visual Voicemail for iPhone?

just got my nano sim and currently with Telus (parent company of Public Mobile i know)

I would consider the swap only if I can get visual Voicemail

thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Orange

PublicMobile dev. team.  VVM is not just a convience offer.  By not including VVM as a core service you are not providing a service for all Canadians.  There are users that rely on VVM due to physical challenges.  There are many Canadians that suffer from hearing loss and depend on txt and VVM as their connection to friends, family, doctors, schools etc....  Please review your policy as it currently excludes and unitentionally discriminates against a segment of the population that would like to take advantage of the lower cost wireless options but are unable to.  

Almighty1337
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The better question is probably why is this a Carrier specific feature ?? Tell me Apple can’t handle all of this with iCloud or directly on the device... sounds like a greedy agreement between Apple and Carriers

I heard someone in here describe PM as a no frills carrier in order to provide low prices...

no-frills 
[noh-frilz]
1. providing or including basic services and necessities without any additional features or amenities

VVM not considered a frill I guess. Robot Sad I miss it too, but was able to speed up my voicemail messages, so I go right to the first message. Call your voicemail and play around with the options.

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I miss VVM on my iPhone, but the cost savings far out weighs the desire for VVM. I personally don't think VM is worth the $40/mth I'm saving per line.

NuXPeR
While I do miss VVM on my iPhone I don't see this as a top priority for PM as many people don't have iPhones. Personally I'd love to see VoLTE first.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

None that i have heard, would love to know if it is a feature that might come.  Had a couple friends that were going to switch but declined once they found out visual voicemail was not available. They said they were willing to pay more for the service....

ocean

Hi as of NOV 2016 , there is no solution for iphone visual voicemail ...righ?

Oops, the previous message was meant for @chukdefatey

@chukdefatey I'm new to the community, but I don't think @Can0nFan was wanting to hear your opinion and rant about why you hate voicemail so much! They asked about visual voicemail, not "why do you hate voicemail"?! Your points are valid, yes, but not everyone is YOU. Some people need voicemail, others do not. Be cool!

NuXPeR

Actually, on my iPhone I just touch Voicemail (bottom right in the Phone app) and it connects immediately to my voicemail. No need to enter any passwords either, as I've disabled this when calling from my phone.

Can0nFan

without visual voicemail its same as any other phone, just hold "1" on the dial pad then enter the password you set or setup your account if you haven't

Tom1

If there's no visual voicemail for iphones, what's the phone number to dial to access it the old fashioned way? Is there a numeric pass code to use as well? Where do I set up that?

Can0nFan

actually use voicemail fairly frequently...I have older parents as well as other family that dont text/use facebook/twitter etc. they want to get a hold of me they call.  sometimes i can answer sometimes i cant.  I hate dialing into voicemail...putting in passcode listeing to prompts and pressing 7 to save and 9 to delete.....iPhone's Visual Voicemail makes it two taps and listening to the message i want to hear.

to answer your question for how many people leave me a voicemail over the last month or so. really only 3-5 people on average but those people are leaving 2-6 voicemails per month each so really its up to 30 voicemails a month.

Can0nFan

No By Visual Voicemail I meant the iPhone specific version.  it lists all voicemails on screen where you can choose which one to listen to first without having to call in and listen to voice prompts. here is a snippet of what it looks like and how it works. its super old video and looks different but works essentially the same. all 3 Big carriers carry it. pretty sure Kodoo and Fido Have it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAClqCbYBnQ

its all good though got a corp discount with Rogers now so paying less for 4GB of data and unlimited minutes/sms/mms for two phones than just one with Public Mobile with same thing

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@OP, I can't recall when the last time a left a message on someone's Voice Mail. I wish I could get rid of the stupid Voice Mail on all my PM lines. I hate it.

Now to answer your question, PublicMobile does not offer Visual Voice Mail. It likely will never be supported. Don't let this little thing stop you from Joining PublicMobile.

We Canadians have become accustomed to Voice Mail because it was every where, cell phones, Landlines etc but now with CALLER ID, Name CALLER ID with certain Providers, Texts, missed called notifications on some Providers, what's app etc so who needs & uses Voice Mail. I the last month how many people did you leave a Voice Mail for? & How Many actually left you a Voice Mail? The answer is Probably 0 to 1.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If, by visual voicemail, you mean a transcribed copy of a voice message, Public Mobile does not have that.

If, by visual voicemail, you mean the number of the person calling you, Public Mobile most certainly has that.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

HI. I'm sure that might be possible. If not now, Possibly later

Add it to public Lab

This may be a Big Ticket item

Need Help? Let's chat.