cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile 49 dollars for 6gb lte.

bradman20012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my old carrier is offering 49 dollars for 6gb on full lte. I wondering if I should jump back on board...I have no issue with public mobiles speed but I could be faster when loading some web pages etc. Im wondering if public will match or at least sweeten the deals a little.

7 REPLIES 7

Whylo66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Definitely the best way of putting it haha

@bradman20012 wrote:

So my old carrier is offering 49 dollars for 6gb on full lte. I wondering if I should jump back on board...I have no issue with public mobiles speed but I could be faster when loading some web pages etc. Im wondering if public will match or at least sweeten the deals a little.

You said that you don't have a problem with Public Mobile's speed (on your current plan), so I think that you may have answered your own question.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@bradman20012, is your device set to 3G only?  You'll see a difference if you're on LTE as the latency is lower, meaning a quick start to load the information on LTE.

The 3G speed plans are throttled LTE.

I've not tried the 3G speed plans here, but I've been considering switching off the LTE plan as I don't get great reception where I am, so throttled or not, I'm still getting slow speeds to what may be possible on my device in a better-serviced area.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

If you force your service at 3G you will get like 10x the speeds

@bradman20012

But don't do a speed test!! That'll suck your data down in a hurry.

But we all do...once.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bradman20012 wrote:

Im wondering if public will match or at least sweeten the deals a little.

@bradman20012I dont think thats a thing, I don't think they "barter" with people. They do however offer promotions and often. They also allow a heck of a lot of rewards virgin does not. I would not suggest moving, but its up to you. Also, If you get a special deal, I want a deal too.

You may however be able to hint to them someone else has a good offer, then they might release a "competitive offer" for everyone. That does happen.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No one here knows. But i doubt it. Pm seems to compete with lucky and chatr.

Do what you think best suits your needs.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bradman20012 wrote:

@bradman20012Are you currently on the 3G plan? Remember, if you want pages to load faster manually set your phone to connect to 3G, because currently 3G plans will connect to LTE but only at 3megs. If you force your service at 3G you will get like 10x the speeds

EDIT- as suggested by @Anonymous that is correct, dont do a speed test otherwise you will melt a lot of data fast

Need Help? Let's chat.