cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Video messaging not working

@z10user4 wrote:

I'm going with file size too. Either carrier limited or a setting in the phone...or both Smiley Happy

Funny thing is the 2 second test video that sent is 6.52mb and the 12 second video that will not send is only 3.93mb so it does not appear to be a file size issue.

The 12 second video was from a facebook messenger chat that someone else filmed that I am trying to send to someone else via Google messenger. 

EDIT: A 12 second video shot from my phone also sends so it must be an issue with the video from the other persons iPhone for some reason. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try sending it through WhatsApp if you have it.

@Tav wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

I'm going with file size too. Either carrier limited or a setting in the phone...or both Smiley Happy

Funny thing is the 2 second test video that sent is 6.52mb and the 12 second video that will not send is only 3.93mb so it does not appear to be a file size issue.

The 12 second video was from a facebook messenger chat that someone else filmed that I am trying to send to someone else via Google messenger. 

EDIT: A 12 second video shot from my phone also sends so it must be an issue with the video from the other persons iPhone for some reason. 

Mayor / Maire

@Tav wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Oh. You hadn't mentioned that you had other ones working even without giving details. Maybe the internal format of the video? Dunno.

Tav

@z10user4 wrote:

@Tav wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Oh. You hadn't mentioned that you had other ones working even without giving details. Maybe the internal format of the video? Dunno.

I tried those after the fact while troubleshooting.

Tav

Funny thing is I got the video sent to me in Google Messages and then I can send it in Google Messages but when saving it from Facebook Messenger and trying to send it in Google Messages it won't send.

Video quality in text messages from iPhone to Android is terrible and unfortunately Facebook Messenger to Google Messages does not function as a workaround.