cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Video messaging not working

My Moto G7 Play running Android 9 cannot send a 3.9mb video message in Google messages. Is this feature not supported?

I am on WiFi with 300mbps upload and download. Internet is working fine but it just says sending video and sits there indefinitely.

I tried searching the forum and it looks like it should be supported but only up to 600kb according to a post from almost 5 years ago. Is this still true?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Video messaging not working

@Tav 

You need to enable mobile data before you can send video MMS.

Tav

@popping wrote:

@Tav 

You need to enable mobile data before you can send video MMS.

Mobile data is enabled. I switched off wifi and tried as well but no luck.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried sending a smaller video message to see if there is a problem  with your phone setting? 

@Tav wrote:

My Moto G7 Play running Android 9 cannot send a 3.9mb video message in Google messages. Is this feature not supported?

I am on WiFi with 300mbps upload and download. Internet is working fine but it just says sending video and sits there indefinitely.

I tried searching the forum and it looks like it should be supported but only up to 600kb according to a post from almost 5 years ago. Is this still true?

Mayor / Maire

@Tav My phone messaging app is set for 600KB max and can't be changed. Check your settings and see if yours is the same. Here's an option to try if you really need to send that large a file.

https://www.technipages.com/android-increase-mms-file-size-limit

Tav

@gblackma wrote:

Have you tried sending a smaller video message to see if there is a problem  with your phone setting? 

@Tav wrote:

Must have something to do with the size or length of the video. I can get a 2 second video to send but a 12 second video is a no go.

Anyone know the limitations on this?

Mayor / Maire

I'm going with file size too. Either carrier limited or a setting in the phone...or both Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Go into your message app, touch three dots, settings, mms, and look at your max size setting, @Tav .

Tav

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Go into your message app, touch three dots, settings, mms, and look at your max size setting, @Tav .

There is only settings for receiving not sending.

Mayor / Maire

@Tav wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

There is only settings for receiving not sending.

So if you can figure out a way to set it to max, then figure out where any max is with PM.

If you feel like fiddling with things that is Smiley Happy