cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying a few things with my new plan

thoughtjumble
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I recently signed up with public mobile and I just want to triple check and make sure I'm not messing anything up. 

This is the plan I have https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed (it's the $15/month one)

So, to my understanding, these are the plan benefits. Please correct me if I'm wrong

- unlimited texting 

- unlimited incoming calls (so when someone calls me, there's no time limit per month? I'm confused about this one) 

6 REPLIES 6

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@thoughtjumble 

Yes, you can send and receive SMS and MMS without limitation. Please note that if you're using an iPhone your settings need to reflect that iMessage needs to send messages through the MMS protocol, otherwise your data will be used.

If someone else is calling you, you can chat to your heart's content. (I think there's an automatic disconnection after 2 hours 30 minutes? If the conversation isn't finished, just have the other person call again...)

If you are dialing any number on your phone's dialer, including your own voicemail, it will deduct from your 100 plan minutes, which are reset at your renewal. You can add 500 non-expyring minutes for $5 so that you don't get cut off when you run out of plan minutes.

And fyi, plan cycles here are 30 days, not monthly, so your renewal day will move in months that don't have 30 days.

Edit: well here we go again, community was just hanging up on me. Sorry for posting redundant / already provided information! 🙄

@thoughtjumble you also get 250mb data with an autopay card. I'm on the same plan you can add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, unlimited texts and MMS.  Also unlimited incoming calls.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thoughtjumble wrote:

Hey, I recently signed up with public mobile and I just want to triple check and make sure I'm not messing anything up. 

This is the plan I have https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed (it's the $15/month one)

So, to my understanding, these are the plan benefits. Please correct me if I'm wrong

- unlimited texting 

- unlimited incoming calls (so when someone calls me, there's no time limit per month? I'm confused about this one) 

Yes, the $15 plan has unlimited incoming minutes and unlimited incoming and outgoing text(SMS and MMS).  No extra charge as long as you are anywhere in Canada.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thoughtjumble , the $15 plan does come with unlimited incoming calls.  It means exactly that if anyone calls you, the minutes do not count against your allotment of minutes.  A lot of people with this plan often will call and a contact and have them call back so the call would at most consume a minute.  Unlimited text is pretty self explanatory.  A little off topic, most customers with this plan will get a $5/500 minute add-on to supplement the included minutes.  You don't want to be in the middle of a call and have it drop due to all included minutes being consumed.  Add-on minutes do not expire.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@thoughtjumble You are correct. All incoming calls are free. I have seen other comments in different threads talking about call time limits but they are not plan dependant and are quite long if I recall correctly. Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.