cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various problems with new plan

grue85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for the 90 day, Province wide talk, unlimited Text, and 12 GB plan. When I got to the transaction page the following was shown at the top

6. Transaction Summary
‐ Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="
https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.
Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

I put the sim in my phone and it connects to the network but my data does not work and I cannot receive text messages.

Data: I get an ! next to my connection and a prompt to sign in to Public Mobile but the site does not connect.

Text: When I send a text to myself I receive the following message from 611 "Sorry, your current plan does not include terxt messaging. To update your plan to include texting and for info about your account visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca"

I tried the website but I am unable to login with the username/password I created while signing up for my plan and if I try to create an account, it tells me " The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here"

Also, I ported my number from Virgin and I have created/selected the Public Mobile APN

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

I wonder if there is anyway to highlight how old the OP is so when someone is looking for an answer to their issue they can decide if a new thread is required?  It does sometimes get confusing when either as a new user or even if one has been here a while  just trying to find answers.  There a lot of old posts with really useful information, just seems a bit messy sometimes trying to get to what you need.
@stonechucker wrote:

@mvboecking, this post is over 2 years old.  Probably better to create your own thread, and start asking questions there.

mvboecking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, I'm trying that as well and running into issues.  Validation fails asking to select a board, but no board selection seen anywhere on the page.  What a mess.

@mvboecking, this post is over 2 years old.  Probably better to create your own thread, and start asking questions there.

mvboecking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K

@Saray_O

@Mary_M

Is this a problem with the recent changes for Public customers after the closing of the call centre?  Perhaps something with the Loyalty Rewards changes?  No idea what other changes were made, but I'm getting these messages after sending texts even though my texts should go through.  My plan should not have changed and I'm on autopay (which should also have no problem going through, as usual).

I have seen a couple bugs since promo announced

I am thinking server overloads Cat Wink

grue85

Everything seems to be working now. I guess it took a while to work through the backend. Thanks for the help everyone

Edit: spoke too soon, I can send texts and make calls but cannot receive either. I will chaulk it up to the slow moving activation/port and will update here when everything is working (or not working) for others to reference in the future. 

Edit 2: FYI for others. I missed a PM from Saray_O who has activated my account, so that is how things got working. And it is indeed a port problem that is causing my receiving SMS/calls problems.

grue85

Yup, settings are good. Seems like there was a problem with my account creation. Waiting for one of the mods to contact me.

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not that i doubt your ability, have you gone to see this thread to ensure you have made all necessary settings on your phone to allow data to work?

Other issues like the activation itself can be resolved by the mods here anyhow....

These are some pretty common one time glitches here at PM. Once resolved, hope you dont have to ever come back here for an issue.

grue85

Nope can't make calls either. I sent Shazia_K a message already. Thanks for the tags

mjs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello grue85,

The issue is not with the plan itself. It is a simple glitch that seems to be common. I just joined Public Mobile last weeknd and the same issue happened to me. For some reason, your account did not fully activate. As a result of that, you will encounter issues with the service and logging in to your account. @Mary_M was able to fix it right away. Either her or any of the moderator's will be able to resolve it. I tagged Mary, so she would be able to handle it. Please send her a private message with the phone numebr that you are trying to port. If you don't get a response today or if it's not fixed today, then it's probably due to after hours, and i would wait until business hours tomorrow. Cheers.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can you make any outbound calls?

Tagging the moderators so that they can help

@Shazia_K

@Saray_O

@Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.