cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity of sim

SimonaConeva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

What happens to my sim / number if a month passes since last recharge and I do not renew the plan or recharge. Does my number become suspended immediately at the 1 month mark? am i able to at least receive calls in suspension?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SimonaConeva 

From the date you renew a cycle, you have 30 days service + 89 days in suspension before you have to renew the plan by adding funds necessary to reactivate by day 90.

If you don't do it by then, the number and SIM becomes permanently deactivated.

So from the day you pay for a cycle, you have 119 days before you MUST pay again or lose it all.  After that, you'd need to buy a new SIM and reactivate with a new number.

@SimonaConeva 

If you suspend your account before the end of your 30th day(11:59:59 pm et) via lost/stolen you will still have voicemail services that you can access using a different phone number than your own to call your phone number. After dialing your number and connecting press "*" and enter your voicemail pin #. You then have access to your voicemail services.

@SimonaConeva wrote:

What happens to my sim / number if a month passes since last recharge and I do not renew the plan or recharge. Does my number become suspended immediately at the 1 month mark? am i able to at least receive calls in suspension?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use any of the services that Public Mobile provides while your account is in suspension.  The only carrier that I know of who allows prepaid/"Pay Before" custoemrs to continue receiving incoming phone calls after a missed payment is Freedom Mobile who allows it for up to 10 days.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@SimonaConeva  Assuming you are just asking and have not really missed a payment yet.  If you worry you will miss a payment for whatever reason, you can in fact load enough fund onto your account ahead of the end of the 30days cycle.  In this case, when it is time for payment, PM will take it from the Available Fund on the account and your service won't be suspended.

Of course, another way is to setup Autopay.  Please note that while Autopay works most the time, if it had issue and autopay fail, your account will still got suspended until you reload the amount manually.  

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SimonaConeva if you don't pay on renewal date, then your account gets suspended and you will not have service.  You won't be able to call or receive calls and no texts.  After 90 days of suspension, your account is deactivated, closed permanently, and you lose your number.

Can you still use wifi on a phone without service? Rest assured that your phone will operate just fine without active service from a carrier, leaving it as a Wifi-only device. Great apps like Hangouts will even let you make VoIP calls without any carrier involvement, provided you're able to find good Wifi connections.

If you have any other questions, we are here to help

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SimonaConeva : From the start of suspension, you have 90 days to restart the account. You can't use services while in suspension. After 90 days, the SIM is dead, the number is gone, the account is closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.