cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valentine day plans?

dwdrajesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Any valentine day plans being offered by Public Mobile? I am planning to be a new customer but wanted to wait if there are any cheap plans coming up 🙂

12 REPLIES 12

@dwdrajesh  If you don't activate there you will most definitely be charged for the SIM if they will sell it at all. They are notorious for refusing to sell a SIM without activation. That's why it's been recommended to call ahead to find a location willing to give a free one with an in store activation. If you're just going to buy one go to another retailer like the mobile shop, wow mobile or an independent authorized dealer. Wait until you activate and choose a new number to decide if you want to port. If you have an older number with a more preferable area code and exchange you may want to keep it and port it in.

dwdrajesh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I do not want to port number, I have decided to get a new number. So, do you mean I could get a new sim from walmart now and then activate later? I am not sure they will charge me for just the sim if I dont activate right there?

@darlicious wrote:

@dwdrajesh wrote:

Hi, Any valentine day plans being offered by Public Mobile? I am planning to be a new customer but wanted to wait if there are any cheap plans coming up 🙂

@dwdrajesh  I know your itching to switch. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before the weekend. A SIM card or the Wal-Mart you intend to go to and back up (As per previous conversations), your account number from rogers, your billing address from your credit card statement and a good understanding of the activation process (read the help articles.) And bring a copy of the promotion (if offered) with you to walmart. And of course your referral code.

Aaaaand, watch over the Walmart rep, and MAKE SURE they input the correct referral code, so both you and the person that provided that code, actually get the reward, so you don't have to come back later, to get a Moderator to straighten it out, like we've all read about here several times recently.

@Jb456 wrote:

@will13am  yes another show the love 1 gig data would be nice for existing customers. 😍♥️❣️

If that happened, I might have to actually start using some data, just to not leave it sittin' there, burnin' a virtual "hole in my pocket", within my account. 😉 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@dwdrajesh wrote:

@dwdrajesh  I know your itching to switch. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row before the weekend. A SIM card or the Wal-Mart you intend to go to and back up (As per previous conversations), your account number from rogers, your billing address from your credit card statement and a good understanding of the activation process (read the help articles.) And bring a copy of the promotion (if offered) with you to walmart. And of course your referral code.

Why not first sign up with a PM number and port your number later?

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There hasn't been new information about a new incoming promo. Usually they would do big promos the day before or on the day of. Keep a lookout for them. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dwdrajesh wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dwdrajesh wrote:

Will see soon! Keep waiting...

@darlicious maybe a weekend flash sale.

@will13am  yes another show the love 1 gig data would be nice for existing customers. 😍♥️❣️

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Promos are a regular thing here.  They don't seem to last that long but they come back over and over again.  I would bet on something.  Most likely another edition of second month free for new activations.  Being an existing customer, I am hoping for some love as well, like another batch of data and or long distance minutes.

@dwdrajesh  My best guesstimate if it's going to happen will be Friday...possibly Thursday.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Nothing as of yet. Keep an eye out in the announcement section for any deals.

Need Help? Let's chat.