cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using up LD minutes

Johan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am changing to the $10.00 plan for a while, has there been any issues recently with dropping to this plan? it will take affect on my next auto payment. Also I have some international LD minutes and some Canada US minute still in my add on's, if I use the 50 minutes that comes in the plan, will the LD minutes then get used up? I am hoping that is the case and then I will just add the Canada wide add on after that.

12 REPLIES 12

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks all for confirming. This is such useful information.

The forums are normally filled with people with problems. It is nice to hear once in a while that things work lol

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous  Yes it's alway good when things work as they're supposed to at PM:)

Like I said earlier when it didn't drop to the 500 when the 200 was present. They fixed it. and now we know it all works down the line.

I do remember there were problems when it was first introduced and your experience with it going to to the wrong add-on initially.

I still don't quite understand the rationale behind having both a 200 min add-on that allows US/Canadian calling and the 400 mins for the international calling which also includes US/Canadian calling.  It would be simpler with the domestic add-on to only have the 400 international mins since that would work for US calling as well.

Maybe I'm just missing the reason behind what the benefits of having both add-ons being available.  I just think it would be less confusing all around with the two options for calling. 

Either way as long as it's working as intended, it's all good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Like I said earlier when it didn't drop to the 500 when the 200 was present. They fixed it. and now we know it all works down the line.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Johan wrote:

I am changing to the $10.00 plan for a while, has there been any issues recently with dropping to this plan? it will take affect on my next auto payment. Also I have some international LD minutes and some Canada US minute still in my add on's, if I use the 50 minutes that comes in the plan, will the LD minutes then get used up? I am hoping that is the case and then I will just add the Canada wide add on after that.

"For a while" is an interesting choice of words. Alas...the $10 plan will end on Oct 6.

I have the $10 plan. I then got the 200 minute add-on. I used some of those when I called the states or ran out of minutes.

Then the 500 minute add-on came along. I got one. I ran out of minutes and was calling Canada and the system went to the 200 minute add-on. Hey! PM fixed it so that if the 500 is present then it will use that. Then on down the line in priority/cost. Although I haven't tested it as I don't have the 400 minute add-on. But presumably, if you call the states and you have both add-ons then it would use the 200 first. Then if you finish the 200 then it would drop down to the 400.

The confusing part for a system is that all plans and add-ons have Canada and then 2 plans and 2 add-ons have US and then only one international.

But apparently it's all fixed and makes sense.

I would suggest the 500 minute add-on anyway and it's only $5 and keep the others for when you actually call the states or the other countries.

I can confirm that the system does indeed use the 200 first when calling the states.  Have the 500/200/400 add-ons for the $10 plan.  Also noticed it used the 500 domestic add-on

first after depleting the 50 plan minutes.

Perfect. So it's all verified working as one would expect. Thanks for your report.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Johan wrote:

"For a while" is an interesting choice of words. Alas...the $10 plan will end on Oct 6.

I have the $10 plan. I then got the 200 minute add-on. I used some of those when I called the states or ran out of minutes.

Then the 500 minute add-on came along. I got one. I ran out of minutes and was calling Canada and the system went to the 200 minute add-on. Hey! PM fixed it so that if the 500 is present then it will use that. Then on down the line in priority/cost. Although I haven't tested it as I don't have the 400 minute add-on. But presumably, if you call the states and you have both add-ons then it would use the 200 first. Then if you finish the 200 then it would drop down to the 400.

The confusing part for a system is that all plans and add-ons have Canada and then 2 plans and 2 add-ons have US and then only one international.

I would suggest the 500 minute add-on anyway and it's only $5 and keep the others for when you actually call the states or the other countries.

I can confirm that the system does indeed use the 200 first when calling the states.  Have the 500/200/400 add-ons for the $10 plan.  Also noticed it used the 500 domestic add-on

first after depleting the 50 plan minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johan wrote:

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The only potential issue is that if you use up your texts you cant get more until next month. So check your usage. You need to calculate it in selfserve. You dont want to run out. 

The canadian minutes is cheaper so I would pay the $5

I am in the $10, it is enough for me and i paid $5 last month through rewards. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Johan wrote:

I am changing to the $10.00 plan for a while, has there been any issues recently with dropping to this plan?

@Johan  My recommendation would be to have enough funds in your account to cover the renewal of your original plan because in the past there were issues with the plan change not taking effect.

it will take affect on my next auto payment. Also I have some international LD minutes and some Canada US minute still in my add on's, if I use the 50 minutes that comes in the plan, will the LD minutes then get used up? Yes.

I am hoping that is the case and then I will just add the Canada wide add on after that.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If you call us ld minutes are used

If you call Canada your 50 minutes are used first, then ld

You may consider getting Canada minutes (500 for 5) they are 4 times cheaper and will be used for Canadian calls before dipping into ld. They all keep rolling to next cycle until consumed

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Johan 

After you used the 50 minutes in your $10 plan, you will use the international add-on minutes.  Then, you can add the CW minutes add-on.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Johan wrote:

You got it all right. Sounds like a good plan!

The long distance calling add-ons will remain on your account until the minutes are all used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.