cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my data in the US

koeunk_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community!

I'm planning to take a road trip to the US over the Summer and was wondering if I can use my data after purchasing my add-ons to US roaming or I need to buy the package that has both roaming and data. So basically I want to know if I can use my data in the US. 

Also, this is out of curiosity but is there an unlimited data plan or option in public mobile?

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I bought Zip Sim at Staples for travelling in the US which is prepaid for 7 days with 500mb 4g, talk, & text.  They give you a local number so you avoid roaming charges.  Also, you pay for additional coverage for up to 30 days with no contract.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To get data and minutes in the US you have to purchase the specific add-ons for it. The Data on your PM monthly plan wont work in the US.

Once you've purchased the US data/minutes and are in the US, make sure to turn on roaming on your phone and it should connect you to the AT&T network.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@koeunk_ wrote:

Hello Community!

I'm planning to take a road trip to the US over the Summer and was wondering if I can use my data after purchasing my add-ons to US roaming or I need to buy the package that has both roaming and data. So basically I want to know if I can use my data in the US. 

Also, this is out of curiosity but is there an unlimited data plan or option in public mobile?

Thank you!!

To use data in the US you would need to pick the plan with Roaming Data in the plan.  No there is no unlimited data options with Public Mobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.